You can upload an avatar to represent yourself on all of Wikia's fan communities. It will appear in several locations, and gives users another way to identity themselves to others.
Step by stepEdit
To upload an avatar for your profile:
- Save your chosen image to your computer (if not there already).
- Go to your user page.
- Mouse over your current avatar, then click the "Edit avatar" link that appears.
- Press the "Choose file" button and choose your image.
- Observe the preview of your avatar and decide if that's how you want it.
- Click the "Save, I'm Done" button to save your avatar.
- Your image must be a jpeg, png, or gif, and it must be less than 500kb in size. It's best that the image is 150x150 pixels or larger.
- After you upload your new avatar, you can switch back to one of the default ones by clicking on one of them and hitting "Save, I'm Done".
- The dialog may say something like 'No file selected' after choosing your file. As long as it appears in the preview area, it has been successfully chosen - clicking 'Save' will use it.
Your avatar will show up:
- On the header at the top of your userpage.
- Next to your name in Special:Chat.
- Next to your blog comment.
- Next to your replies on the forums and message walls.
Choose your avatar wisely! Note: On mobile devices like iOS, .JPEG Images files will not work.
- Help:Profiles - Manage other parts of your User Profile
- Help:Preferences - Manage your user preferences on Wikia