Captchas are a simple test to determine whether or not an edit is made by a bot -- an automated wiki editing program, often used by spammers and vandals. Users trying to make certain types of edits will be asked to type in the letters they see in an image, or to solve a simple equation, before saving the page.
Fandom uses the ConfirmEdit extension to protect our communities from these undesirable edits.
When are captchas used?Edit
Captchas are presented when an unregistered or very new user:
- Creates an account
- Adds an external link -- not a [[wikilink]], but one which links to an external site
- Attempts to remove all content from a page
Can I prevent the display of captchas?Edit
Registered users who have been with Fandom for four days or more should not see the captcha. If you do, please log out and back in again.
Authorized bots can be exempted from captchas. Please ask the Community Team if you need your editing bot flagged in this way.
Further help and feedbackEdit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience