If you choose to close your account, it will be disabled across the FANDOM network and you won't be able to use it in the future. Because of the way FANDOM works, we can't delete or entirely remove accounts.
Alternatives to disabling
If you feel you need to leave or quit FANDOM, you can just stop using your account. You may want to consider leaving a message on your user and user talk pages/message wall before doing this to let other community members know you have left. It is also recommended that you make someone the new bureaucrat for the community before disabling your account. To do so, check the wikis that you are currently a bureaucrat on by going to Special:UserActivity and then use Special:UserRights to make another user the bureaucrat. To no longer receive e-mails from FANDOM, you can set this in your preferences.
If you want to be sure your account cannot be used by you again, you can also scramble your password so that you won't remember it. Removing your email and scrambling your password can both be done by visiting your preferences. Together, they have the same effect as closing your account.
You are also able to rename your account. Please see Rename my account for more details.
Disabling an account
If you feel the above cannot be an option for you, you can disable your account using Special:CloseMyAccount.
What this does:
- Scrambles your password into a randomly generated gibberish.
- Changes the "real name" in your account preferences to
- Removes your profile picture completely by changing it back to the default profile picture.
- Makes your account disabled internally (this shows on Special:Contributions and other places).
What this does NOT do:
- Remove your username from any edit histories.
- Remove your username from any logs (such as blocks).
- Delete any pages you have created.
- Remove any edits you have made to any page.
- Release the name for another user to use later.
How to close your account
- Go to Special:CloseMyAccount. You can get to this page from Special:Contact
- If you are on the contact page, click the Disable my account link under Account changes.
- Read the information at the top of the disabling page to ensure you understand what an account disabling does.
- If need be, re-read this help page, which is linked to on the disabling page.
- If you are sure that you want to disable your account, click the option saying you have read this page and the option confirming you want your account disabled.
- Click the Close my account button.
- You will be logged out of your account at this time.
- You will have 30 days to change your mind and request that your account be reactivated by logging in to the account and following the instructions you will see. After this 30-day period, your account will be permanently closed and you will no longer be able to reactivate it.
- At this point, this change is permanent. No backup of this private information is kept after an account is disabled.
How to cancel a request
- Simply log in to your username within 30 days with your normal username and password.
- You will be redirected to a "Reactivate my account "special page.
- Click the Reactivate my account button.
- Upon clicking the following button, you will receive a confirmation email at the email associated with your account.
- Follow the link in the email to successfully reactivate your account.
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check FANDOM Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting FANDOM for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use FANDOM in FANDOM University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience