Color is a great tool for helping to make your community stand out as well as better match your wiki's topic and theme.
Step by stepEdit
Color can be added to your community in a couple of different places. For example, you can use unique colors in the theme designer to customize your look, or add color to your community's templates via CSS.
The most common way to define a color is to use its name or hex code. To use a particular color, take the name or hex code below and add it where appropriate. If for example you want to add it as a button color in the Theme Designer, copy the hex code of that color, then add it to the input field on the customize tab.
Hex values are generally more flexible than color names as they allow a very wide range of shades - more information about how these work can be found on Wikipedia.
There are two main types of color names that are preferred, HTML and X11.
HTML color namesEdit
The HTML 4.01 specification defines sixteen named colors, as follows (names are defined in this context to be case-insensitive; the table is alphabetically ordered):
These 16 were also specified as sRGB and included in the HTML 3.0 specification.
The neon colors are a typical type of colors that glow on certain pages depending on what color the theme is used through Theme Designer.
|Rainshower||#C9FFE5||Screamin' Green||#66FF66||Blizzard Blue||#A3E3ED|
|Purple Pizzazz||#FE4EDA||Psychedelic Purple||#FA00FF||Electric Violet||#8B00FF|
|Electric Lime||#CCFF00||Razzle Dazzle Rose||#FF33CC||Snowy Mint||#D6FFDB|
|Electric Purple||#BF00FF||Flamingo Pink||#FF66FF||Hot Magenta||#FF00CC|
|Infra Red||#FF496C||Neon Carrot||#FFA343||Laser Lemon||#FFFF66|
|Chartreuse Yellow||#DFFF00||Phlox||#DF00FF||Shocking Pink||#FC0FC0|
X11 color names Edit
In addition, a wide range of "X11 colors" are defined by web browsers.
- ↑ HTML 4.01 Specification section 6.5 "Colors"
- ↑ W3C TR CSS3 Color Module, SVG color keywords
- ↑ W3C TR SVG 1.0, recognized color keyword names
- Web colors in Wikipedia, upon which this page was based.
- http://ficml.org/jemimap/style/color/wheel.html - 4096 Color Wheel.
- http://www.colblindor.com/color-name-hue/ - Color Names and Hue by Colblindor.
- Editing your wiki's look with the Theme Designer.
Further help and feedbackEdit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience