- This page is best viewed on our desktop skin. (Click here to view this page in desktop mode)
Color can be added to your community in a variety of places. For example, you can use the theme designer to customize your wiki's general color palette. Or you can add more specific color via your community's templates and CSS.
Just about every color imaginable can be represented by a six-digit hexadecimal code — a numerical representation of the amount of red, green and blue present in that particular color. Therefore, hex codes are rightly seen as more precise — though less user-friendly — than color names.
In the charts below are some hex codes for a few colors. If you want to use any of these, just add them where appropriate. For example, if you want to make your button color white in the theme designer, copy the hex code of that color (#FFFFFF), then add it to the input field on the customize tab.
And remember: hex codes are case-insensitive, so #ffffff and #FFFFFF mean the same thing.
There are two main types of color names that are preferred, HTML and X11.
HTML color names
For ease of comprehension, some colors have color keywords — case-insensitive names, like
YeLLow. The HTML 4.01 specification defined sixteen "basic" color keywords:
X11 color names
If you've spent any time coding, though, you know there are other color names, like
linen. These extended color keywords are X11 color names, defined by web browsers.
Fluorescent or neon colors can appear to glow on your wiki's pages, depending on how you've set up your base colors in the theme designer. The effect can be arresting and effective. So play around with the following. But remember: a little neon goes a long way!
|Blizzard Blue||#A3E3ED||Purple Pizzazz||#FE4EDA|
|Psychedelic Purple||#FA00FF||Electric Violet||#8B00FF|
|Razzle Dazzle Rose||#FF33CC||Snowy Mint||#D6FFDB|
|Electric Purple||#BF00FF||Flamingo Pink||#FF66FF|
|Hot Magenta||#FF00CC||Infra Red||#FF496C|
|Neon Carrot||#FFA343||Laser Lemon||#FFFF66|
- ↑ HTML 4.01 Specification section 6.5 "Colors"
- ↑ W3C TR CSS3 Color Module, SVG color keywords
- ↑ W3C TR SVG 1.0, recognized color keyword names
- Web colors at Wikipedia, upon which this page was based
- 4096 Color Wheel
- Color Names and Hue by Colblindor
- The Do's and Don'ts of Designing with Neon Colors
- An overview of how contrast affects color choices on your wiki
- Editing your wiki's look with the Theme Designer
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check FANDOM Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting FANDOM for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use FANDOM in FANDOM University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience