If you are an admin of your community, then it is especially important for you to know that approximately half of the visits across FANDOM are coming from mobile devices. To support that mobile traffic, FANDOM is offering iOS and Android apps that focus exclusively on individual communities.
Curating your app
The Mobile Main Page tool allows admins to specify content that will be linked on the Community App's main page, as well as the main page seen by visitors on mobile web.
Promoting your Community App
To ensure the success of this app, we highly recommend that you take a moment to tell your users about it. We recommend the following ways to spread the word:
- Community Corner message - Found at MediaWiki:Community-corner on your respective communities. This will send an admin message to all users on your community.
- Highlighted Forum post - Found at Special:Forum if enabled, this will send a notification to all users on your community.
- Link to the app in an archived Discussions post or near the top of the Discussions Guidelines.
- Linking to the app via the desktop main page.
- Include links in top navigation via MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation.
We highly encourage you to include links to your particular Community Apps throughout the your wiki. Approximately half of your users are already participating through their mobile devices. This optimizes their experience, lets them contribute through Discussions, and increases your community's visibility.
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check FANDOM Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting FANDOM for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use FANDOM in FANDOM University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience