To customize your community's CSS, simply edit MediaWiki:Wikia.css. You can also access this page from the Admin Dashboard via the 'CSS' link.
Each week we release notes on upcoming changes that might affect your community's customizations: Technical Update blog posts
Note: if you want to target the MonoBook skin, edit MediaWiki:Monobook.css.
- On all wikis created after July 2014
- MediaWiki:Common.css is loaded for the main FANDOM skin and MonoBook. The contents will be applied before MediaWiki:Wikia.css and MediaWiki:Monobook.css. For most communities this doesn't matter, but if you use
@importrules (like for importing custom fonts), it is best they are added to the top of MediaWiki:Common.css.
- On most wikis created before July 2014
- MediaWiki:Common.css is loaded for the MonoBook skin but not the main FANDOM skin. If you want to use MediaWiki:Common.css to create rules for both the FANDOM and MonoBook skins, ask FANDOM Staff to enable this. If you do so, make sure to clean up any old CSS in MediaWiki:Common.css beforehand, otherwise it may cause unexpected effects.
To customize your community's JS, simply edit MediaWiki:Common.js. This code will be loaded for all visitors to your community.
- JS errors can break basic functionality on your community - please be careful to avoid introducing errors.
- A number of common scripts are stored at FANDOM's Open Source Code Library and can be added to your wiki using ImportJS. Using ImportJS bypasses the need for the review process.
- If you want to target a specific skin, edit MediaWiki:Wikia.js for the default skin, and MediaWiki:Monobook.js for the MonoBook skin.
- Help:CSS best practices - some best practice suggestions for CSS customization
- Help:Personal CSS and JS - creating customizations that only affect you
- Help:Advanced CSS and JS - more info for those delving further into the world of CSS and JS editing
- Help:CSS and JS customization - the hub page for all CSS and JS details
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check FANDOM Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting FANDOM for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use FANDOM in FANDOM University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience