Community messages is a feature that allows admins to highlight things that are important for the local community to know about. For example, this space can be used to organize a project, show off new pages, or highlight an ongoing discussion.
Step by step Edit
- The community message is located on the Wiki Activity page and can be edited by admins.
- If you are an admin, you can change it by clicking on the "edit message" in the message. This will bring you to MediaWiki:Community-corner where you can edit the content and add as much information as you want. After publishing the edit, your changes will appear immediately.
- Users who are active on the community up to 24 hours after the community corner is changed will receive a notification about the change, similar to the notification for message wall messages. These will disappear after 24 hours if not dismissed by the user.
- Minor edits to community messages will not trigger notifications.
- If you would like to change the notification message itself (to perhaps make it more tailored to the colloquialisms of your communities topic), you can edit MediaWiki:Communitymessages-notice-msg.
- We do recommend admins be careful not to add too much to the messages, as simpler messages are often easier to understand.
Next pages Edit
Further help and feedback Edit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check FANDOM Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting FANDOM for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in FANDOM University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience