Any user can remove content from a page, but only administrators and content moderators can delete pages. This is often done in cases of spam and vandalism, but may also be used to remove unwanted, obsolete, or off-topic pages.
Step by step
If you find a page that you feel should be deleted and do not have the rights to do so, contact your local administrators or content moderators. Otherwise, follow the steps below.
Deleting a page
- To delete a page, hover over the arrow next to the "Edit" button at the top of the page, then click "Delete".
- On the next page, you will see a box labeled "Delete".
- The "Reason" drop-down has pre-written reasons for deleting the page. An additional reason can be supplied via the "Other/additional reason" box.
- Following the page is also possible when deleting a page. If the page is restored or recreated, a notification will be sent to your email address.
- Click the "Delete page" button.
- After the page is deleted, you will be redirected to the main page of the wiki where a banner will appear at the top confirming the page's deletion.
- Special:Log/delete allows a review of all deletions on a wiki.
- When viewing a previously deleted page, the log of the deletion is shown.
Restoring a page
Any deleted page can be restored by an administrator or content moderator.
- To restore a deleted page, go to Special:Undelete.
- Enter the deleted page title in the "Show pages starting with" box and click "Search".
- Find the page that should be restored and click on it.
- In the "Restore revisions" box, further directions are shown. Add a restoration reason in the "Reason" box and click the "Restore" button.
- If no revisions are selected, all revisions will be restored.
Deleting a wiki
Wikis can only be closed by FANDOM Staff. To request a wiki's closure, please send a message to Special:Contact. However, closing wikis is rare, as they are community projects, so please provide as much information as possible in your request to explain why.
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience