Any user can remove content from a page, but only admins can delete pages completely. This is often done in cases of spam and vandalism, but may also be used to remove unwanted pages.
If you find a page that you feel should be deleted, contact your local admins. If you are an admin, follow the steps below.
- When you are ready to delete a page, click the arrow on the "Edit" button next to the page title and then click “Delete.”
- On the next page, you will see a box labeled "Delete."
- The Delete box allows you to select a pre-written reason from the "Reason" drop-down menu. You can also supply one you wrote yourself in "Other/additional reason."
- You also have the option to follow the page. This will notify you if the page is restored.
- Click the "Delete" button.
- You will be redirected to the main page of the wiki, where a green banner will appear at the top of the page confirming the page’s deletion.
- You can review all deletions in the deletion log, found at Special:Log/delete.
- If someone visits a deleted page they will have an option to restore that page.
Any deleted page can be also be restored by an admin later.
- To restore a deleted page, go to Special:Undelete.
- Enter the deleted page title in the "Show pages starting with" box and click "Search."
- If you see a list of similarly named pages, find the one you want to restore and click on it.
- In the "Restore revisions" box, take a read of the brief directions, then you can add a restoration reason in the "Reason" box.
- Click the "Restore" button.
- The page will be restored just as it was when it was deleted, and will appear immediately.
Deleting a wikiEdit
Wikis can only be closed by Wikia Staff. If you would like to request a wiki closure, please send a message to Special:Contact from the wiki. Wikis are rarely closed, however, as they are community projects, so please provide as much information as possible in your request.
- Learn about Wiki Activity
- Learn about Special pages
- Learn how to Rename and move pages
- Ask other users on the Community Central Forums