Any user can remove content from a page, but only administrators and content moderators can delete pages completely. This is often done in cases of spam and vandalism but may also be used to remove unwanted pages.
Step by step Edit
If you find a page that you feel should be deleted, contact your local administrators. If you're an administrator or content moderator, follow the steps below.
Deleting a page Edit
- When you are ready to delete a page, click the arrow on the "Edit" button next to the page title and then click "Delete".
- On the next page, you will see a box labeled "Delete".
- The Delete box allows you to select a pre-written reason from the "Reason" drop-down menu. You can also supply one you wrote yourself in "Other/additional reason".
- You also have the option to follow the page. This will notify you if the page is restored.
- Click the "Delete" button.
- You will be redirected to the main page of the wiki, where a green banner will appear at the top of the page confirming the page's deletion.
- You can review all deletions in the deletion log, found at Special:Log/delete.
- If someone visits a deleted page they will have the option to restore that page.
Restoring a page Edit
Any deleted page can also be restored by an admin later.
- To restore a deleted page, go to Special:Undelete.
- Enter the deleted page title in the "Show pages starting with" box and click "Search".
- If you see a list of similarly named pages, find the one you want to restore and click on it.
- In the "Restore revisions" box, take a read of the brief directions, then you can add a restoration reason in the "Reason" box.
- Click the "Restore" button.
- The page will be restored just as it was when it was deleted, and will appear immediately.
Deleting a wiki Edit
Wikis can only be closed by FANDOM Staff. If you would like to request a wiki's closure, please send a message to Special:Contact. However, closure is rare as they are community projects, so please provide as much information as possible in your request to explain why.
Next steps Edit
Further help and feedback Edit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check FANDOM Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting FANDOM for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use FANDOM in FANDOM University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience