Facebook Connect is a tool used to both create an account and log in to Wikia using your existing Facebook account. It helps speed up the account creation process by allowing you to use your Facebook account, and you will not have to confirm your account. You will just need to create a username, password and get started!
Creating a New AccountEdit
- Click on the Facebook connect button at the top of the screen, which is in the Log In:
- You will be prompted with Facebook dialogs to confirm that you want to connect your Facebook and Wikia accounts. Follow the instructions on these screens.
- Next, a pop-up window will appear requesting that you select a username and password. Keep in mind that you can change this to whatever you want.
- Your accounts are now connected!
- For all future logins to Wikia:
- If you are already logged in to Facebook, you can simply click on the Facebook Connect button and you will be automatically logged into Wikia.
- If you are not logged into Facebook, when you click on Facebook Connect, you will be prompted to log into your Facebook account. You will not need to enter your Wikia username or password. Once you enter your Facebook login information, it will automatically load your Wikia account.
Connecting Your Existing Wikia account Edit
- If you already have a Wikia account, log in and visit your preferences (available in the menu under your username, at the top right of the screen). Choose the Facebook Connect tab, and click the connect button, as shown:
- Authorize access to your Facebook account.
- Your Wikia account will now be connected to your Facebook account.
Sharing with Your Facebook Activity Feed Edit
- The content that you share with your Facebook activity feed is controlled in your preferences on the Facebook Connect tab.
- By default, your following Wikia contributions that will be shared automatically with your Facebook account include:
- You can change these options as well as disconnect from your Facebook account at any time in your preferences by simply clicking on the hyperlinked text that states, "disconnect your Wikia account from Facebook". Once you click that link, you will receive an email confirming it:
- If you previously set a password on Wikia, you will continue to use that same password
- If you never previously had a password on Wikia, we'll automatically generate a temporary password you can use to sign in and then update to your password of choice
Account Settings and Privacy Edit
- Facebook account passwords are stored with Facebook not on Wikia. If you lose or alter your password, please contact Facebook.
- If you had a Wikia account prior to connecting with Facebook, you can still at any time use that account information to log in.