If you want to apply personal CSS on just one community, visit Special:MyPage/common.css on that community.
If you want to apply personal JS on just one community, visit Special:MyPage/common.js on that community.
- Before enabling personal JS on your account for the first time, please double-check any existing personal JS you have, and make sure you are happy with it.
- JS errors can break basic functionality—be careful! (But there may be an easy way out!)
- Please avoid including JS that you do not understand, nor import from sources that you do not fully trust or that are not secure.
- FANDOM cannot be held responsible for any issues that occur as a result from the use of personal JS. It is your responsibility to maintain your personal JS (and CSS).
- Note that "personal JS" pages are currently considered to be: global.js, common.js, wikia.js, chat.js, monobook.js, and uncyclopedia.js.
- Personal CSS and JS pages are best edited in the source editor.
- As noted on the customization policy, personal CSS and JS is an area you can make any tweaks you like (so long as they do not adversely affect any other users).
- Only account owners can edit their own CSS and JS pages - other users on a community, including admins, cannot edit another user's personal CSS and JS pages.
You can also target specific communities in your global CSS and JS:
- CSS: a wiki-specific class is available on the
<body>tag, based on the database name of a community. The format is:
- JS: the
wgDBName(database name) variable can be used to target a community.
If your view of FANDOM gets weird, there's an easy way to test whether it's your personal code causing the problem.
Just add ?useusercss=0 or ?useuserjs=0 to the end of your current URL. If things snap back into place, you'll know immediately that the fault is somewhere in your personal code.
- How to customize your community
- More info for those delving further into the world of CSS and JS editing
- The hub page for all CSS and JS details
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check FANDOM Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting FANDOM for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use FANDOM in FANDOM University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience