The Image Lightbox is a modal that appears when clicking on an image. It indicates a file in a closer look.
The top bar contains details of who uploaded a file and in which article it is used in.
See full image size
This option leads the user to another page, and it features the full size of the image without any options and features available just like in the image lightbox. This option does not appear when viewing videos from the image lightbox.
- Main Article: Help:Image description page
This option leads the user to another page, where they can view more information about the file, including its description, file history and more.
This option makes the user have the ability to share the image currently being viewed in the lightbox. It features the standard link box, where the link can be copied and shared into social media such as Facebook and Twitter. There is also a box that contains the link to its file page, and a box where the user can share the image to a friend.
Pinning Top and Bottom Bars
There is a button at the bottom right corner of the image lightbox which is the "bar pinning" button. Once clicked, it will make the photo no longer covered behind both bars, and both bars won't disappear after a short period of time not hovering the image lightbox.
The bottom carousel contains more images and videos, which can be viewed by clicking one of the images at the bottom of the image lightbox.
Bypassing the image lightbox
To bypass the image lightbox, hold "Ctrl" (if you're on Windows) or "Command" (if you're on Mac), then left click on the image. This bypasses the lightbox and automatically leads to the image description page.
There are three hotkeys:
- The arrow key leads to the next image.
- The arrow key leads to the previous image.
- The key closes the modal.
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience