There are many ways that you can improve your community. Below are a number of tips for how to build and improve a great FANDOM community.
- Attract contributors to your community.
- Design your community. You should upload a nice background through your theme designer, and create a main page that will allow people to find your best content.
- Explore your Admin Dashboard. Finish the tasks on your Progress Bar so your community is fully set up. Use WikiFeatures to enable community-building features like Article Comments, Chat, Polls, and Message Wall.
- Build a smart, user-friendly navigation so people can easily find their way around your community.
- Avoid common mistakes when you set up your community.
- Create sensible policies, but not too many! Creating too many policies can drive away contributors, especially if the policies become complex.
- Be aware of the best practices for administrators and bureaucrats.
- Add videos to illustrate your content with more than just images. Videos help keep readers on your community longer, and can turn readers into editors.
- Set up a mobile main page and learn how to make your content portable so users can enjoy your content on a mobile device.
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check FANDOM Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting FANDOM for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use FANDOM in FANDOM University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience