Community Central
Community Central
mNo edit summary
Tag: Help
m (staff created the page as MyWikia and redirected My Wikia to that. (also, in the future, please move pages rather than copying all content))
Line 51: Line 51:

| colspan="2" |'''[https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id779964411?mt=8 iOS] (iPad only)'''

| colspan="2" |'''[https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id779964411?mt=8 iOS] (iPad only)'''

|-

|-
| '''[[Help:My Wikia|My Wikia]]'''
+
| '''[[Help:MyWikia|My Wikia]]'''

| style="text-align: left"| My Wikia is your streamlined, personalized view of Wikia right in your hand. The app is available for the iPad and it provides you with the best Wikia reading experience you can imagine.

| style="text-align: left"| My Wikia is your streamlined, personalized view of Wikia right in your hand. The app is available for the iPad and it provides you with the best Wikia reading experience you can imagine.

| colspan="2" |'''[https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-wikia/id623705389?mt=8 iOS] (iPad only)'''

| colspan="2" |'''[https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-wikia/id623705389?mt=8 iOS] (iPad only)'''

Revision as of 19:05, 2 February 2015

Wikia offers an optimized mobile site for viewing wikias while on your smartphone or other mobile device.

Supported Devices

We've optimized our mobile site for the following devices and operating systems:

• Android
  • iOS (iPhone and iPod)

FAQ

• How much of Wikia is available on the mobile site?
    • All Wikia communities are available via the mobile site.
  • Is there any content that I cannot see using the mobile site?
    • Most pages with layouts of standard text and photos render very nicely on the mobile site. Certain pages, however, are too complex for mobile-friendly presentation, and will appear less gracefully (e.g., multiple column layouts).
  • What is the best way to view photos?
    • When you're on an article page with lots of great photos, simply wait for the page to finish loading, then click on any photo. This will open a photo viewing window, which allows you to click or swipe through every photo on the page.
  • Can I edit content?
    • Yes. The mobile site interface supports block-level, WikiText editing of individual sections for logged-in users. This option can be switched on by the administrator.
  • Can I switch between mobile and standard views of wikia.com?
    • Yes. At the bottom of mobile pages is a link labeled 'view full site'. Tap it to reload the same page that is served to desktop web visitors. To get back to the mobile view, tap the 'mobile site' button at the bottom of the standard page.

Mobile Apps from Wikia

Here are the various stand alone apps from Wikia, what they are about, and how to get them!

Wikia Apps
Title Description Download
Lyrically Lyrically is a free smartphone app available for iOS and Android. It provides quick access to every song in LyricWikia's community-powered database of over 1.5 million songs. You can search for lyrics and automatically find the lyrics for the song currently playing in your device's music player. Android iOS
Game Guides Game Guides is a free App available for Android and iPhone. It provides quick mobile access to your wikia's content that is curated by you! Game Guides will show the content of all communities in the gaming vertical that have curated content on their full site. Android iOS
Palantir Palantir is powered by the official Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor wikia, and will provide gamers with continuously updated information and accurate guides and walkthroughs. The app will also track your in-game statistics, location the maps, completed quests and many more facets tailored to your game save. iOS (iPad only)
My Wikia My Wikia is your streamlined, personalized view of Wikia right in your hand. The app is available for the iPad and it provides you with the best Wikia reading experience you can imagine. iOS (iPad only)
Community Apps Community Apps are free Apps available for Android and iPhone. They provide quick mobile access to your wikia's content that is curated by you! Community Apps allow your community to have an optimal display and format for mobile devices, so your wikia is easy to read, navigate and explore. Download Community Apps here
Wikia Maps Wikia Maps allows users to create interactive maps for real world places, images, or fictional worlds. Map pins can be added, edited and customized by the community to create a rich mapping experience. These maps can also be embedded in articles or external websites. This extension can be enabled or disabled using Special:WikiFeatures.

Further Help and Feedback