Local issues are problems that are happening in your specific community but not in other communities or across all of FANDOM. Local issues could include:
- Problems with other users, including admins
- Content you find incorrect or inappropriate
- Bugs due to CSS or JS changes by admins
- Bugs due to special settings on the wiki
What do I do?Edit
If you run into an issue on FANDOM, the best idea is to go through the following steps:
- Check if the issue is happening just in your community or in other places as well
- Check out the help pages and the staff blog for announcements on new features or current issues occurring sitewide
- Talk to other users directly. Talk pages, message walls, forums or blogs are a great place to do this
- Speak with your local admins. They are the most informed of local issues
- Post to the FANDOM community forum. This is where community members work together to answer questions and solve problems collectively
- Contact FANDOM staff
Should I contact FANDOM about this?Edit
When it comes to local issues, staff involvement should only be as a last resort. Local administrators and community members are going to be the most knowledgeable about the culture and users of their wiki, as well as the specific issues there. So local communities are best equipped to resolve local disputes.
If you do need to contact FANDOM, please include as much information about the issue as possible. For example, if there is a problem with other users, please explain the dispute and what the local community and admins have already tried to do about it. Reports about inappropriate content must include the URL of the problem page.
In the case of reports about bugs on the wiki that are not the result of local changes, please send them to Special:Contact/bug. Remember to include as much information as possible. Screenshots and information about what browser and the version of the browser you are using are all incredibly helpful.
- Learn how to contact FANDOM Community Support
Further Help & FeedbackEdit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check FANDOM Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting FANDOM for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use FANDOM in FANDOM University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience