The Main Page on any wiki is the page that can be accessed by clicking the wiki's logo. The Main Page is like the welcome mat of a wiki. It is the primary landing page for your readers. Keep in mind that first impressions count!
- If you've just created a new wiki, your main page is populated with default content, including the description of your wiki, a live feed of the latest activity on your wiki, and a placeholder for a photo.
- You can change any part of this page by editing it. Simply click "Edit" at the top of the page.
- We recommend that your Main Page include a short intro paragraph that tells your readers what your wiki is about and what people can find there.
- We also recommend that you include links to your most important articles on your main page. This will help readers find their way to great content quickly.
- Many wikis find that adding a slider to the Main Page is an attractive way to help users find great content. You can learn more about sliders at Help:Galleries and slideshows.
- Be sure to give your main page a clean design. It doesn't need to be fancy — it just needs to look nice! The main page column tags that are already set up are the best way to organize the page's layout.