The Main Page on any wikia is the page that can be accessed by clicking the wikia's logo. The Main Page is like a welcome mat - it is the primary landing page for your readers. Keep in mind that first impressions count!
Step by step
- If you've just created a new wikia, your main page is populated with a set of default content, including the description, a live feed of the latest activity on your wikia, and a placeholder for a photo.
- You can change any part of this page by editing it. Simply click "Edit" at the top of the page.
- We recommend that your main page include a short intro paragraph that tells your readers what your wikia is about and what people can expect to find there.
- We also recommend that you include links to the most important articles on your main page. This will help readers find their way to great content quickly.
- Many wikias find that adding a slider to the Main Page is an attractive way to help users find great content. You can learn more about sliders at Help:Galleries, Slideshows, and Sliders.
- Be sure to give your main page a clean design. It doesn't need to be fancy — it just needs to look good! The main page column tags that are already set up are the best way to organize the page's layout.