Wikia offers an optimized mobile site for viewing wikias while on your smartphone or other mobile device.
We've optimized our mobile site for the following devices and operating systems:
- iOS (iPhone and iPod)
- How much of Wikia is available on the mobile site?
- All Wikia communities are available via the mobile site.
- Is there any content that I cannot see using the mobile site?
- Most pages with layouts of standard text and photos render very nicely on the mobile site. Certain pages, however, are too complex for mobile-friendly presentation, and will appear less gracefully (e.g., multiple column layouts).
- What is the best way to view photos?
- When you're on an article page with lots of great photos, simply wait for the page to finish loading, then click on any photo. This will open a photo viewing window, which allows you to click or swipe through every photo on the page.
- Can I edit content?
- Yes. The mobile site interface supports block-level, WikiText editing of individual sections for logged-in users. This option can be switched on by the administrator.
- Can I switch between mobile and standard views of wikia.com?
- Yes. At the bottom of mobile pages is a link labeled 'view full site'. Tap it to reload the same page that is served to desktop web visitors. To get back to the mobile view, tap the 'mobile' button at the bottom of the standard page.
Mobile Apps from WikiaEdit
If you like the mobile Wikia browsing experience, you'll love these stand-alone apps: