- This extension is enabled by default on FANDOM.
Any choices for licensing templates, categories, or descriptive text apply to all images that are being uploaded. If you're uploading many images that have the same license and categories, it can therefore be a huge time-saver.
How to use it?
Go to Special:MultipleUpload on your community. Click to find the files on your computer and then fill in the summary and licensing information. The licensing and summary will be the same for the entire batch of images. Files can be replaced though you will be warned similar to uploading the files individually.
By default, the files will upload to the same file name as they have on your computer, but you can change this manually if you wish.
When using multiple upload, the file upload size limit limits the total size of all the files combined rather than the size per individual file. The current limit is 10 MB for all of the files uploaded together. Thus, multiple upload is great for quickly uploading many small files, but not many large ones.
- Admins can change the text at the top of the multiple upload special page using the system message MediaWiki:Uploadtext.
- This functionality comes from the MultipleUpload extension.
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience