Notifications alert you to new messages on Fandom or activity on a specific community. They help in keeping you informed of the latest events related to your community and your account. Notifications may appear in the upper right or lower right of your screen, depending on the feature.
You will automatically receive a notification in the upper right if any of the following actions take place:
- Another user updates your Message Wall on any community
- There is a new post on a Forum thread that you are following, on any community
- There is a highlighted Forum thread on the community you are currently viewing
Notifications in the upper right are sorted according to the community they came from. They can be dismissed as a group by using the "Mark all as read" option at the bottom of the list.
You will automatically receive a notification in the lower right if any of the following actions take place:
- Your talk page on any community is edited
- An admin updates the Community Corner of the community you are currently viewing
- You receive an achievement badge on the community you are currently viewing
- A new message from Fandom Staff
This type of notification can be dismissed by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner.
|Notification||Where will it link to?||Duration|
|Message on this community or another community||Message Wall thread, User talk page or Forum thread||Remains until visited or dismissed|
|Updated Community Corner||Community Corner on Wiki Activity||Can be dismissed or disappears 24 hours after edit to Community Corner|
|New achievement badge||User profile page||Can be dismissed or disappears after one page load|
|Message from Fandom Staff||Varies depending on the message||Can be dismissed|
Lower-right notification bubble colors are the same as button colors, and can be changed by admins in the Theme Designer.
Next Pages Edit
Further Help and FeedbackEdit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience