- This extension is enabled by default on Wikia.
Shared Help is a feature on Wikia whereby help pages from Wikia Community Central are shared out to all wikias. The aim is to ensure that all users have the information they need to run their wikia at their fingertips, regardless of what Wikia wiki they are on.
Shared Help pages are any pages in the Help: namespace on Wikia Community Central. These pages will show up on your wikia at the same article name location, contained in a box. At the top-right of the box is a link to the discussion (help_talk) page of the help page on Community Central. See for example w:c:events:Help:Theme Designer.
Note that the shared articles will not show as local pages - that is, they will not show in article lists.
The shared pages are designed to be readable on any theme, including dark themes. If you spot any problems with specific articles, please leave a note on the associated Community Central discussion page.
Adding local contentEdit
Shared Help does not preclude you from having local help content - each wikia has its own ways of approaching wikias. The content shared from Community Central will only contain general help, so should not conflict with your own advice and/or policies.
To create local content, edit the help page as you would normally. Your content will show up above the Shared Help. You will notice when you edit local help pages, they are empty - even when showing Shared Help pages - this is because the shared articles are not physically on your wikia.
You can hide shared help content on a specific page by adding
You will be notified on the edit page that you are editing a shared help page:
- To suggest major changes to Wikia Help articles, please use the talk pages associated with that page. (If you wish to help out more significantly, you may wish to contact the Community Team).
- Although Shared Help pages will act as if they do not exist when editing the article, links to Shared Help from normal wikia content should show as blue links.
- Some extensions may not work perfectly in conjunction with Shared Help.
- Help: namespace redirects on Community Central will also (silently) redirect on your wikia.
- Help:About Wikia Help - background on Wikia Help.
- Community Central's Help:Index page, where all the Shared Help content is listed.