Tables are a great tool to help organize your wiki pages to display data, facts and other information. Tables can be created both in the Rich Text Editor and in Wikitext. Below are instructions for creating tables in the RT editor.
This article explains the basics of editing tables with the Visual Editor (also known as: Rich Text Editor or RTE). If you want to learn the basics of editing tables in the Source Editor, go here.
Step by stepEdit
1. In edit mode, click on the table button under the "Insert" section of the editing toolbar.
2. A popup box will appear, and allow you to choose the parameters you want for your table.
3. Once you click ok, a table will appear in your text. You can now input content.
4. Should you need to change the table parameters, simply right click, and make the needed changes.
Editing in source modeEdit
If you are an advanced editor, you can learn how to edit a table in source mode by visiting the MediaWiki help page for tables as well as the Meta-Wiki help page. These have more detailed information for source mode.
- Learn about creating collapsible tables in source mode (for advanced editors)
- Learn how to create and use templates
- Learn about designing your own Infobox