Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tooltips are simple hover effects you can use to provide extra information to readers when they hover over certain elements on a page, such as text.
Step by step Edit
In order to make a basic tooltip all you will have to do is surround the text you wish to have a tooltip with div or span tags containing the parameter title="text goes here!", like this:
<span title="This is a tool-tip!">Mouse-over me to see the tool-tip!</span>
<div title="This is a tool-tip!">Mouse-over me to see the tool-tip!</div>
To produce this (using the span tag):
- Mouse-over me to see the tool-tip!
You can also change the way the cursor looks when hovering over the same text or any other text by adding style="cursor:<cursor-style>;". For example:
- style="cursor:help;" will produce this:
- Mouse-over me to see the 'help' cursor.
- style="cursor:pointer;" will produce this:
- Mouse-over me to see the 'pointer' cursor.
- See also: Help:Cursor
See also Edit
Further help and feedback Edit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience