The view source function, also called the raw function, is a handy way to view the source of a specific article. This forces a specific article to display its source code. In raw mode, you can't edit the page, even with user rights, because the only thing that appears is the article's source.
How to view source
On any FANDOM article page:
- At the end of the URL, add the following text:
- Visit that link; the page should display the source code of the article.
Tips and tricks
- If you want to make a page or template by starting with a protected page's source code, you can copy the source code and paste it on source editing area.
- Copy and pasting the source of the page in VisualEditor will automatically put the
</nowiki>between wikitext content. Instead, the copied source should either be pasted in the classic source editor, or in the VisualEditor's source editor.
- If you would like to be able to see the source code of other people's messages, you can enable View Source in your preferences. Just go to the "Under the Hood" tab, and you'll see it under "Advanced Display Options." This will add "Source Mode" to the menu that appears on each message. On wikis where the Message Wall and Forums are disabled you cannot modify the view source on threads preference.