FANDOM Spotlights are images that appear in the "Also on FANDOM" box at the bottom of each FANDOM page with links to other FANDOM communities. The spotlights are created by FANDOM staff, and run for a few weeks.
Although most of the spotlighted communities are chosen by FANDOM staff, FANDOM users can also request a spotlight for any community by adding a request to the spotlights request page.
A spotlight is a great way to raise your community's visibility within the general FANDOM community. You might request one to mark a major milestone, such as a new series on a tv show, or a new release of a game. Or maybe you just think it's time to show off all your hard work!
What are the guidelines? Edit
Any community can be spotlighted if it meets the basic "helpful tips". These include a minimum of 200 content pages, a good category structure to organize the content, a customized appearance and an informative main page. You can read the full list here.
Helpful tips Edit
- If you are not an administrator for the community that you wish to spotlight, please discuss it with the local administrators first and provide a link to the conversation as part of your request. They will be responsible for handling any influx of new contributors and need to be ready and willing to do so.
- You can request up to two spotlights a year for your community; these can either be back to back or spread out by several months.
- If you wish to provide an image and/or tagline for your spotlight, please do so as part of your request. Note that we cannot guarantee they will be used, but usually they are.
- If you do not want to provide an image and/or tagline that is not a problem. FANDOM staff will be happy to create the spotlight for you. In this case make sure to mention any special milestones as part of your request so we know what to highlight.
- International Spotlights should be requested through the international spotlights request page and the links found there.
See also Edit
Further help and feedback Edit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check FANDOM Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting FANDOM for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use FANDOM in FANDOM University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience