Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wikitext is the main markup language used to format content on Fandom. It can be used to add photos, tables, bold styles, links, and other many other visual changes.
It's not necessary to know wikitext in order to edit a page: you can use the new VisualEditor, or visual mode in the classic editor, to avoid it. However, users who learn it may appreciate the additional control they have over page content.
Wikitext can be used via 'source mode' in either editor. To access an article's wikitext:
- Classic editor: click the 'Source' tab at the top right of the edit area.
- VisualEditor: click the menu button towards the right side of the toolbar, and choose 'Source Editor'.
Below is an outline of basic wikitext that you can use while editing. Many of the options listed below have shortcut buttons in the editor toolbars.
|Description||You type||You get|
|Bold and italic||bold & italic|
(within a wiki)
|Redirect to another page||Help:Contents|
(to other websites)
|Sign your posts |
on talk pages
|Your username 14:18, |
9 December 2016 (UTC)
|The following work only when used at the start of a line of code|
A Table of Contents will automatically be generated when four headings are added to an article.
Further wikitext examplesEdit
For more complex content that is sometimes more easily managed with wikitext editing, see:
- Help:Wikitext/more examples
- Help:Wikitext/link examples
- Help:Wikitext/table examples
- Help:Wikitext/tag examples
- Help:Galleries, Slideshows, and Sliders/wikitext
- Help:Main page column tags
- Help:Magic words
Video tutorials on the wikitext basicsEdit
- MediaWiki.org's thorough reference on image formatting
- For print cheatsheets, see the MediaWiki reference card or the poster-size cheatsheet (available in many languages).
Further help and feedbackEdit
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience