Got a question about this topic?
I have a bit of a problem with one user on the Gears of War Fanon Wikia. A user, kryll king, was permanently banned for harassing other users. I admit the ban may have been overzealous, but since then, he has created two other accounts to dodge the ban: this one to avoid the initial ban and this one to avoid the second ban that followed. This is undeniably qualification for a permanent ban, but whenever I block one account, he just makes another at a different IP address. I've stopped trying to ban him because he keeps making new accounts. I don't suppose there's anything I can do? --Screennameless - "Goodnight, everybody!" 04:43, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- I've blocked the common address that all his names were using. --Uberfuzzy 20:34, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
I'd appreciate some help on Coronation Street Wiki. An anonymous user keeps creating pages scarce on required information, which normally is fine, but what is included in the pages are useless links to pages that are never going to be created on the Wiki, which requires the registered users to go round and edit the pages to remove them. The user does this every day but uses a different IP each time so an IP block would be useless. Any ideas of what to do? David 10:30, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- I know it's been two years, but for anyone else with the same question, the answer is a range block. It's difficult to calculate; use an automatic calculator and list every IP that the user has been used. They will calculate the range and it is basically a fraction; if the denominator is larger than 16, the range block is disallowed. You then put the calculated range in the block form, and block the range like a normal user. HTH, AnnoyingOrangeandClassical PianoGABS 08:55, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
Unblock (SmashWiki) Edit
Is there any way to unblock me on SmashWiki []?
Also on the same page, is there a way to unprotected it?--22.214.171.124 19:44, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- While I'm not sure I agree with the actions they took (seems a bit over the top), it's an internal wiki matter for SSB, and isn't generally something Wikia staff get involved in. Kirkburn (talk) 08:45, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- the best thing to do is find another wiki
- only Administrators can perform this action --Owen1983 15:14, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
Borderline case? Edit
Hi. At the Ace Attorney Wiki, we've had a problem with an unregistered user who is repeatedly replacing the same content into the Turnabout Trump page. The problem is that the content is pure plot speculation, trying to fill in needless details and demonstrating an obvious amount of misunderstanding of the plot. I have attempted to contact the user through the edit summaries (admittedly edit summaries don't bring out my best side sometimes), the user's talk pages (it switched IPs once) and recently the article's talk page. However, either the user isn't aware of Recent Changes, page history, talk pages, etc. or even what's going on at all (increasingly unlikely), or the user is intentionally ignoring attempts to talk in favour of adding the same thing with rewordings over and over again until I accept it.
I'm taking this issue here because I had a similar case before, where an unregistered user kept changing dates of birth. I blocked the user for three days after two warnings with no response whatsoever, and then I never saw that user again. I still feel uneasy about that block. I'm also rather certain that other wikis have experienced the same problem with cases like these that clearly are in good faith but are hopelessly misguided and detrimental to article quality. I don't want to put protection on the page because it has benefitted from unregistered users, the problem is only with one unregistered user, and I feel like I'm imposing a personal preference to resolve the issue. This is not a fansite forum where moderators have special diplomatic powers and special treatment, and I take that fact seriously. Should I just grow a backbone and block this user already, or is there another solution? capefeather 20:44, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
Mortal Kombat Wikia IP Changer Edit
On the Mortal Kombat Wikia my user page as an admin was vandalized as well as several pages, he switched his IP after I blocked him the first time for vandalizing a page, he then used a new IP and did the same thing, banned it. He then used two different IPs to vandalize the same page, another page, and my User Talk by spamming slurs on my page.
Here's my fix of my talk page where only part of his stuff was removed as I removed the other half through rollback before some other guys posted on mine: Talk Page
Same first 3 and second 3 numbers, one variation in the 2nd one, all similar endings. How do I permablock his IP? --AZERUTH 04:18, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
- The answer is a range block. It's difficult to calculate; use an automatic calculator and list every IP that the user has been used. They will calculate the range and it is basically a fraction; if the denominator is larger than 16, the range block is disallowed. You then put the calculated range in the block form, and block the range like a normal user. HTH, AnnoyingOrangeandClassical PianoGABS 08:55, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
How do you use that page. I need to block a user.Ivan Kakooza 21:27, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Help! I was unfairly blocked and I don't know what to do! Edit
I was just unfairly blocked on another wiki that I go on often. The article says that you can contact the admin that blocked you.... but how!? Seriously, if you can't edit the wiki, then how can you contact them? <DrAgOn FaN! Awesomeness of the SUPERIOR variety!! 00:11, August 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Just change your IP address. 126.96.36.199 01:18, May 20, 2013 (UTC)
Unblock me! Edit
The block was made by Plantsthrust.
* Reason given: Flooding. * Start of block: 00:28, August 28, 2011 * Expiry of block: 00:28, August 28, 2012 * Intended blockee: 188.8.131.52 * Block ID: #1469 * Current IP address: 184.108.40.206
About: Blocking Edit
Is there a way of area blocking for creating new accounts and edits? Like if a part of a country... is coming to spam your wiki, and a part of members in the wiki also in that area... And if I want to block IP in the area to not edit and create new account but account that are already created in the past but also in the area can edit?
Please reply fast. Thanks A LOT!
- It is possible with a range block with autoblock and account creation disabled. However, it is highly discouraged. If you still wish to do so, the info can be found here. ~ty 19:59, November 25, 2011 (UTC)
Limiting Page Creation to AdminsEdit
I have somebody who keeps making edits to my wiki and they add pages unrelated to my own. Every time I block them, they just make another account and continue the vandalism. Is there a way I can limit creation of pages to only administators? I hate to do this, but they just won't stop adding stuff to my wiki. Please help. LeeHatake93 15:13, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
Is there a way to block someone from accessing a wiki in general?Edit
I've got a personal wiki of my own for stuff I make (mostly just so I can keep track of everything) and I've got this ridiculous little fan copying every little thing I do. All he does is copy concepts and backstories I make up and changes the names. Is there a way that I can stop him from even viewing the material on the site?
(Skye Hattori 01:33, June 10, 2012 (UTC))
Brother blocked = me blocked Edit
My brother, who once in awhile edits on the Naruto Wiki, got blocked by insulting a user and now I'm blocked because the IP address is blocked. I can't contact an admin and I don't know what to do... --OmegaRasengan 19:56, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Change your IP address. Do this by leaving your router unplugged overnight, and plug it back in the next day. 220.127.116.11 01:15, May 20, 2013 (UTC)
Brother Indirectedly blocked me.Edit
Hi I'm Robotman32. I am from the Regular Show Wiki. So I was on Regular Show Wiki but then I had to get off for at least over a minute. While I was off, my brother came to the computer and added false information to articles. I got back on and I noticed I was blocked. I was going to tell an administator that It wasn't me but due to the block, I can't comment or leave a message on his talk page. Can someone please help? Robotman32 Ultimate Big Nate Fan. 20:48, June 26, 2012 (UTC)
hy well some ideot in my college got the IP adress blocked so i cant edit things on wikia any more i thought it was just this computer at first but i tried it on my friends and still i cant edit things please help i want to make my only wikia and edit things on others and i cant this is the only sight the college lets me on so please unblock it please
I am unfairly blocked too. On Fantendo today I got randomly blocked with no reason given. The expiry is on January 17. There wasn't even a warning to stop before the block. I was following the rules and not flaming anybody. All I was doing was creating my fanon theories (since Fantendo is a Nintendo Fanon wiki) in the comments section. How can I contact the person who blocked me?
Merry Christmas from 18.104.22.168Edit
Is there any way to clear or delete block log Edit
I block someone by mistake, and then unblock them, but it has been displayed on their block log. I don't like that and wonder if wikia has a "clear or delete block log" function?
- No, there is no way for a user without a certain permission to hide, or delete a log entry. --Plasma (Talk) 01:51, December 29, 2012 (UTC)
IP block Edit
I recently got my IP blocked from the Once Upon a Time wiki, while roaming around the forums anonymously.
My account now appears as 'banished'.
I read that IP blocks are usually temporary.
How do I know the length of this block?
I don't know which admin issued it, is there a way for me to find out?
Thank you, any feedback is greatly appreaciated.
Blocked for Correcting False Information Edit
The block was made by The Dragon Demands.
- Reason given: reverting Admin edits
- Start of block: 02:14, May 8, 2013
- Expiry of block: infinite
- Intended blockee: 22.214.171.124
- Block ID: #846
- Current IP address: 126.96.36.199
I was blocked for changing false information into correct information. The informations was about how name was pronounced at the poster seemed ignorant of national differences in pronunciation and assumed his was correct. Now, I can't contact them and ask them to unblock me as I have to be unblocked to contact them. And, I can't change my IP adress.
Will someone please, please ask them to unblock. I haven't done anything wrong.
188.8.131.52 17:05, May 28, 2013 (UTC)
I need because their are some people who keep on bothering my Wikia. Even though block they keep coming back through different IP addresses. What should I do? (LunarSolar (talk) 19:46, August 16, 2013 (UTC))
Comment spammers over at Dance Central wikiEdit
Hi, Wikia people. I am an admin over at Dance Central wiki (link here) and there havs been vandalism in the comment section. The people have IP addresses 184.108.40.206 (goes by Koletta) and 220.127.116.11 (goes by Jeff the killer). I would block them from Wikia, but I can not because I am not an admin here, so could you do this.
P.S: The reason I am talking so formally is because the apostrophes are not working. :P
Lorralay 20:32, August 28, 2013 (UTC)
- You should report these users to Wikia Staff via Special:Contact. Please include the usernames/IP adresses of the users in your report. -- Prinplat ]Open Source[
My block was done by Da Nerd on SpongeBob Fanon Wiki.
Reason given: Editing articles without permission from the authors; should have done this a long time ago
Start of block: 11:02, 21 July 2013
Expiry of block: 11:02, 21 October 2013
Intended blockee: DudeBob SquarePants
Current ID adress: 18.104.22.168
Can anyone in this wiki who hangs out on SpongeBob Fanon Wiki please unban me! I am sorry for my behavior! It would be nice if you do.
I was wondering what you type if you need to block a user permanently. Thanks.
Lorralay 22:01, September 16, 2013 (UTC)
Spelling Errors Edit
There really has been some kind of mistake. I was never adding any false information, just correcting some spelling errors. Any chance the administrator of Wikia could unblock my user account? The "U" at the start of the sentence "upon arriving in France," should be Capitalized. —This unsigned comment is by Bobolah17 (wall • contribs) 16:21, November 14, 2013. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- I'm sorry, I can find no way of getting in contact with an admin on Clash of Clans after being blocked. I received this without being asked to justify myself. I believe it was done unfairly, and I would like to discuss this with someone on Clash of Clans
- You cannot add a comment to the article.
- Your user name or IP address has been blocked. The block was made by [[User:|User:]].
- Reason given: Removing content from pages
- Start of block: 14:57, November 22, 2013
- Expiry of block: 14:57, November 22, 2014
- Intended blockee:
- Block ID: #1543
- Current IP address: 22.214.171.124
I deleted a line that I wanted to be read properly, and I suppose I forgot about it for a few min. Before I could put in the proper line, I was blocked by Badw0lf007. At the very least, I would like the line to be properly edited. Personally, I believe that said admin was bit unfair applying a one year block so quickly, especially without even asking about it first. Please let me know what I can do to discuss this with the approiate people.
- Thanks, Alex3927 (talk) 15:47, November 22, 2013 (UTC)
- This is a critical oversight in this help page and I am going to bring it up in a new section below. #Contacting blocker for more. talk2ty 14:56, April 17, 2014 (UTC)
i need to be unbanned at the Spyro Wikia pls i was anouncing a game and got blocked
- Your account is globally blocked during the rename process so that no edits interfere with it. Once the rename is finished, the block is automatically lifted; if it remains in place for longer, e.g. a day or more depending on your edit count, try using Special:Contact/general. TK-999 (talk) 12:06, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
I tried range blocking several times to stop a vandal who keeps getting new IP accounts, but it isn't working, he keeps getting IP accounts that are far apart and different from one another. Please make it so that [my wiki] can only be edited by registered users. Please, he won't stop coming and I've tried everything else I could.
Sadly,i am blocked on Candy Crush Saga Wiki. EditI was just in chat with some people in CCSW. We were talking about a bad person. Then,for some reason,i was banned from chat and then blocked. I'm not lying!! Variousthings3251 (talk) 19:56, April 5, 2014 (UTC) AND AN ADMIN HAS MADE A BLOG POST OF ME!!!!!! PLEASE UNBLOCK ME!!!! Variousthings3251 (talk) 19:56, April 5, 2014 (UTC)
- As this is not a discussion of suggestions of improvements to the page Help:Blocking, please ask this question on the forum. Thisismyrofl (talk) 20:07, April 5, 2014 (UTC)
"The block was made by the liar admin, Emmaelise401.
- Reason given: Sockpuppet of: Kool
- Start of block: 19:42, April 10, 2014
- Expiry of block: infinite
- Intended blockee: Variousthings3241
- Block ID: #307
- Current IP address: 126.96.36.199"
- Variousthings3241 (talk) 17:56, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Please unblock me,i am infinitely blocked.
Disney Wiki Edit
SopranoGirl is the one who blocked but I'm blocked too in the Disney wiki.
Axel1999 here for RangerWiki, and I want to ask admin Nbajammer on which part of copyrighted work that I've uploaded. If that's from ToQger, I really apologize for not knowing that was not allowed. I'm such a noob and I know my mistake, but please, I'm also a Sentai fan, and I'm love to edit your page with all of my knowledge from recent episode of Sentai. Promise I will never do it again if I'm done anything wrong.
Is anything I've done wrong on RangerWiki? Axel1999 needs to knowEdit
If there is any wrong that causes you to permanently block my account, I'm sorry and I apologize for not knowing that. At least I need to know which part of copyrighted work you're referring to. If ToQger image is that what do you mean, I'm so sorry, I didn't know that was not allowed. Promise I'll never do it again in the future. Axel1999 (talk) 16:35, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Hello, this page is for discussing changes to the Blocking help page. You'll need to contact the user on their message wall here or leave a message on your talk page on the wiki you were blocked on, if they didn't block you from editing that as well. 16:53, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- If you feel you have been unfairly blocked, please contact the person who blocked you.
Users are instructed to do this, but I believe more information should be provided here. When people are blocked, they can only edit their own talk pages, and sometimes not even that, if the blocking admin is particularly malicious (this should only be done against spammers who are not interactive, not to prevent an appeals process, but it happens when people abuse power).
So it is not possible to contact via a Talk Page or a Message Wall. The only way someone would know you're trying to contact them is if they were already subscribed to your message wall or following your talk page due to previous interaction.
- Admins are advised to give a warning to people before banning them.
Not all admins do that, so there may be no such prior interaction to utilize to engage in conversation with them. If a user has not had prior subscribed-to Message Wall convos with other admins, there is also no means of appealing to other admins who manage a wiki.
A 'list of admins' is basically useless to the average user. Most people are unaware of the Special:Contact function these days, as it is not readily advertised. For those who ARE aware of it, it is not always a functional option because many wikis disable this contact feature, and for those who do have it enabled, some users do not provide e-mail addresses to use it.
I believe if this is the only means of admin contact made available to banned members that admins MUST be mandated to keep this function active. But even then, e-mails can be ignored without consequence, and there should be consequence and oversight to admins who shirk the duty of interacting with the members and giving them a fair hearing. Wikis are not the personal property of any particular user, even those vested with authority like admins or even bureaucrats.
Just as staff consider the thoughts of the community at large, the average user, when appointing new management, these opinions should be taken into consideration when deciding whether or not to keep them, whether or not their decisions are just and whether or not they are abusing their powers.
I am going to add discussion of the options and mention the possibility of contacting a user via Community Central. Administrators who disable a user's ability to edit have disabled the ability to leave a Talk Page or Message Wall comment. Due to this, and the lack of reliability of Special:Contact, using Community Central as an open forum to discuss the issue seems all that remains. These contributions would be off-wiki so they would not be as obvious to other editors, assuring some means of privacy (though obviously none is absolute).
I believe a third option for resolution should be provided though. If sysops are being abusive, a clear means for contacting Wikia Staff about resolving this should be created. I don't think it's right for Staff to ignore these events. Staff are ultimately responsible for appointing new sysops/bureaucrats when they issue out adoptions, and for making sure policies are followed to prevent the bullying of users and creating an open atmosphere. talk2ty 14:56, April 17, 2014 (UTC)
Speculative evolution wikiEdit
Me and someone else (Lifeafterpeoplefan1revised) have been blocked over at speculative evolution wiki and no reason was given. In addition I can't find any reason I (Or he.) should've been blocked. I was blocked by Admantus.Please investigate and help. --Ibexgod188.8.131.52 19:25, April 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Does lack of warning or any sort of conversation fall under those? --Ibexgod
- Any chance a staff might check it out in their spare time? --Ibexgod
- Lack of warning wasn't exactly what I was getting at, and more so lack of any point as far as I can figure out.184.108.40.206 21:35, April 18, 2014 (UTC)