Community Central
Community Central
(→‎Global block log: new section)
Tag: Source edit

(102 intermediate revisions by 59 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:

{{talkheader}}<br />

{{talkheader}}<br />

+
== Blocked Admins ==
==Advice?==

I have a bit of a problem with one user on [http://gowfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Gears_of_War_Fanon the Gears of War Fanon Wikia]. A user, [http://gowfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Kryll_king kryll king], was permanently banned for harassing other users. I admit the ban may have been overzealous, but since then, he has created two other accounts to dodge the ban: [http://gowfanon.wikia.com/index.php?title=User:THE_KRYLL_KING&action=edit&redlink=1 this one to avoid the initial ban] and [http://gowfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:The_kryll this one to avoid the second ban that followed]. This is undeniably qualification for a permanent ban, but whenever I block one account, he just makes another at a different IP address. I've stopped trying to ban him because he keeps making new accounts. I don't suppose there's anything I can do? --[[User:Screennameless|<span style="color:Blue">'''Screennameless'''</span>]] - [[User talk:Screennameless|<span style="color:Blue">"Goodnight, everybody!"</span>]] 04:43, 19 March 2009 (UTC)

:I've blocked the common address that all his names were using. --[[User:Uberfuzzy|Uberfuzzy]]<staff /> 20:34, 19 March 2009 (UTC)

::Thank you so much. --[[User:Screennameless|<span style="color:Blue">'''Screennameless'''</span>]] - [[User talk:Screennameless|<span style="color:Blue">"Goodnight, everybody!"</span>]] 20:51, 19 March 2009 (UTC)

+
What if an admin is blocked? [[User:TimandEricman|TimandEricman]] ([[User talk:TimandEricman|talk]]) 18:58, March 7, 2015 (UTC)
== Help ==

+
:Depends. If it's a local block, (s)he can just unblock the account. If it's a global block - by VSTF or Staff - that's not possible. --[[User:Tupka217|<span style="color:#008000">'''Tupka'''</span>]][[Message wall:Tupka217|<sup><span style="color:#FF8C00">''217''</span></sup>]] 19:14, March 7, 2015 (UTC)
I'd appreciate some help on [[w:c:coronationstreet:Coronation Street Wiki|Coronation Street Wiki]]. An anonymous user keeps creating pages scarce on required information, which normally is fine, but what is included in the pages are useless links to pages that are never going to be created on the Wiki, which requires the registered users to go round and edit the pages to remove them. The user does this every day but uses a different IP each time so an IP block would be useless. Any ideas of what to do? [[w:c:coronationstreet:User:David the Wavid|David]] 10:30, 24 April 2009 (UTC)

+
'''FOR EVER?'''
:I know it's been two years, but for anyone else with the same question, the answer is a range block. It's difficult to calculate; use an [http://toolserver.org/~chm/blockcalc.php automatic calculator] and list every IP that the user has been used. They will calculate the range and it is basically a fraction; if the denominator is larger than 16, the range block is disallowed. You then put the calculated range in the block form, and block the range like a normal user. HTH, [[User:MHLU|<font color="silver">Annoying</font>]][[Special:Contributions/MHLU|<font color="orange">Orange</font>]][[User blog:MHLU|<font color="blue">andClassical Piano</font>]]<sup>[[User talk:MHLU|<font color="green">GABS</font>]]</sup> 08:55, June 3, 2011 (UTC)

+
It seems a bit exaggerated the deactivation of a user account "forever" in a wiki says it should be for a short time on this pageFurby 01:30, March 25, 2015 (UTC)
== Unblock (SmashWiki) ==

+
[[Special:Contributions/5.65.182.87|5.65.182.87]] 10:35, April 3, 2015 (UTC)Unprotect the page.[[Special:Contributions/5.65.182.87|5.65.182.87]] 10:35, April 3, 2015 (UTC)
Is there any way to unblock me on SmashWiki [[http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:151.199.155.94]]?

+
==My wikia is in a situation==
Also on the same page, is there a way to unprotected it?--[[Special:Contributions/151.199.155.94|151.199.155.94]] 19:44, 17 May 2009 (UTC)

+
The [http://figuresfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Figures_Fanon_Wiki Figures Fanon Wikia] is in a bit of a situation, and I need a lot of help on this one!

+
There's these users that have been making fun of real life people and posting mean and things! Here's the pages, and the users responsible for it:
:While I'm not sure I agree with the actions they took (seems a bit over the top), it's an internal wiki matter for SSB, and isn't generally something Wikia staff get involved in. [[w:User:Kirkburn|Kirkburn]] ([[w:User_talk:Kirkburn|talk]]) <staff/> 08:45, 18 May 2009 (UTC)

+
===Pages===
  +
[http://figuresfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Joke_Characters All Stupid Pages]

+
===Users===
*the best thing to do is find another wiki

+
*[http://figuresfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:ThomasTheAussieEngine This user.]
*only Administrators can perform this action --[[User:Owen1983|Owen1983]] 15:14, October 8, 2010 (UTC)

+
*[http://figuresfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Fluffydragonpuppy And this one]

+
--[[User:YoshiRocker13|yr13]] ([[User talk:YoshiRocker13|talk]]) 02:13, May 31, 2015 (UTC)
== Borderline case? ==

+
:Contact the local admins to deal with them. {{User:JosephHawk/Sig|02:32, May 31, 2015 (UTC)}}
Hi. At the [[w:c:aceattorney|Ace Attorney Wiki]], we've had a problem with an unregistered user who is repeatedly replacing the same content into the [[w:c:aceattorney:Turnabout Trump|Turnabout Trump]] page. The problem is that the content is pure plot speculation, trying to fill in needless details and demonstrating an obvious amount of misunderstanding of the plot. I have attempted to contact the user through the edit summaries (admittedly edit summaries don't bring out my best side sometimes), the user's talk pages (it switched IPs once) and recently the article's talk page. However, either the user isn't aware of Recent Changes, page history, talk pages, etc. or even what's going on at all (increasingly unlikely), or the user is intentionally ignoring attempts to talk in favour of adding the same thing with rewordings over and over again until I accept it.

+
== Got Blocked Unfairly ==
I'm taking this issue here because I had a similar case before, where an unregistered user kept changing dates of birth. I blocked the user for three days after two warnings with no response whatsoever, and then I never saw that user again. I still feel uneasy about that block. I'm also rather certain that other wikis have experienced the same problem with cases like these that clearly are in good faith but are hopelessly misguided and detrimental to article quality. I don't want to put protection on the page because it has benefitted from unregistered users, the problem is only with one unregistered user, and I feel like I'm imposing a personal preference to resolve the issue. This is not a fansite forum where moderators have special diplomatic powers and special treatment, and I take that fact seriously. Should I just grow a backbone and block this user already, or is there another solution? [[User:Capefeather|capefeather]] 20:44, December 30, 2010 (UTC)

+
I got blocked unfairly in http://gaming.wikia.com! The administrator thought I was spamming links to external sites, I wasn't! Please help! [[User:Arthur1124|Arthur1124]] [[User_talk:Arthur1124|(talk)]] 04:45, August 20, 2015 (UTC)
== Mortal Kombat Wikia IP Changer ==

+
I got blocked unfairly in http://borderlands.wikia.com. The administratior thought i was violating the terms of use. Please Wikia, remove that wiki. Raddf2 falloutfan444 12:49, July 1, 2017 (UTC)Raddf2
On the [http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_Wiki Mortal Kombat Wikia] my user page as an admin was vandalized as well as several pages, he switched his IP after I blocked him the first time for vandalizing a page, he then used a new IP and did the same thing, banned it. He then used two different IPs to vandalize the same page, another page, and my User Talk by spamming slurs on my page.

+
:Hey - please contact the local administrator who blocked you, WarBlade, on [[Message Wall:WarBlade|their message wall here]]. [[User:Noreplyz|<span style="background:#37f;color:#FFF;padding:5px">'''noreplyz'''</span>]] [[User talk:noreplyz|talk]] 12:51, June 11, 2017 (UTC) 13:57, July 1, 2017 (UTC)

+
==A reason to block?==
[http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/153.107.33.151 153.107.33.151]<br />

+
I started drawing own characters for this girl for her pages and she has gotten me to draw 22 OCs for her. She never showed any gratefulness, she kept pushing me and saying she wants them done by the next day (I wasn't charging her for them). I eventually ignored all her repetitive spam requests after giving her a huge paragraph on why I wouldn't draw for her any longer. She still messages me frequently now, asking for me to draw characters "for other users" (probably just for her own pleasure) and even writing stories about them. Is this a reason to block her for a while? [[User:LexsJB|<span style="background: #465945; color: #ADFF2F;">LexsJB</span>]]<sub>[[User_talk:LexsJB|<span style="background: #ADFF2F; color: #465945;">Talk</span>]]</sub> 17:52, October 10, 2016 (UTC)
[http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/153.107.97.152 153.107.97.152]<br />

+
:A good admin would block after warning the user in question - which you have done. It's really up to you - admins can block users for anything, but it should be rational and used if the user is no longer acting in good faith. [[User:Ozank Cx|Ozank Cx]] ([[User talk:Ozank Cx|talk]]) 17:57, October 10, 2016 (UTC)
[http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/153.107.33.156 153.107.33.156]<br />

[http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/153.107.33.157 153.107.33.157]<br />

+
I blocked her last night but she's created a new account (which I'm definite is her) and carrying on with it. Should I block her even though it's on a new account? [[User:LexsJB|<span style="background: #465945; color: #ADFF2F;">LexsJB</span>]]<sub>[[User_talk:LexsJB|<span style="background: #ADFF2F; color: #465945;">Talk</span>]]</sub> 18:28, October 11, 2016 (UTC)
Here's my fix of my talk page where only part of his stuff was removed as I removed the other half through rollback before some other guys posted on mine: [http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/index.php?title=User_talk:Azeruth&diff=93760&oldid=93757 Talk Page]

+
:I think we'd call new accounts "sockpuppets" that tries to dodge a block. Yes, I think you should block it because that's what a lot of wiki admins do. [[User:Arthur1124|<span style="color: red;">Ryu</span>]] and [[User_talk:Arthur1124|<span style="color: #ffb000;">Ken</span>]] and [[Special:Contributions/Arthur1124|<span style="color: crimson;">Akuma</span>]] 20:18, October 11, 2016 (UTC)
Same first 3 and second 3 numbers, one variation in the 2nd one, all similar endings. How do I permablock his IP? --[[User:Azeruth|<span style="color:#FF9400">''AZERUTH''</span>]] 04:18, June 2, 2011 (UTC)

+
Her block expired a few weeks ago and now she keeps spamming messages of thanks (and I know it's because she wants me to keep drawing for her) and just wont stop. Is this also a reason to block or am I just getting to desperate to block her? [[User:LexsJB|<span style="background: #465945; color: #ADFF2F;">LexsJB</span>]]<sub>[[User_talk:LexsJB|<span style="background: #ADFF2F; color: #465945;">Talk</span>]]</sub> 16:30, November 8, 2016 (UTC)
:The answer is a range block. It's difficult to calculate; use an [http://toolserver.org/~chm/blockcalc.php automatic calculator] and list every IP that the user has been used. They will calculate the range and it is basically a fraction; if the denominator is larger than 16, the range block is disallowed. You then put the calculated range in the block form, and block the range like a normal user. HTH, [[User:MHLU|<font color="silver">Annoying</font>]][[Special:Contributions/MHLU|<font color="orange">Orange</font>]][[User blog:MHLU|<font color="blue">andClassical Piano</font>]]<sup>[[User talk:MHLU|<font color="green">GABS</font>]]</sup> 08:55, June 3, 2011 (UTC)

+
:Yes, constant spamming is a reason to block the person in-order to stop the activity from going on.--[[User:Crazy Muzzarino|Muzzarino]] 16:48, November 8, 2016 (UTC)

+
==how can i block users by another time==
How do you use that page. I need to block a user.[[User:Ivan Kakooza|Ivan Kakooza]] 21:27, August 8, 2011 (UTC)

+
pls answer -- [[User:Alexandra Fedorova|GLI]] [[User talk:Alexandra Fedorova|TC]] [[Special:Contributions/Alexandra Fedorova|H]] [[w:c:whirligig-gigilrihw-object-show|2112]] 20:10, April 25, 2017 (UTC)

+
On the dropdown box with the list of given days, you can select "Other time:" and put your own exact date and possibly time as well. I hope that helps! --{{User:Annabeth and Percy/Sig}}
== Help! I was unfairly blocked and I don't know what to do! ==

+
==Note==
  +
<span style="font-size:16px;font-weight:400;">"This user is currently blocked across the FANDOM network."........</span>

+
<span style="font-size:16px;font-weight:400;">What does it mean? [[User:PictureField55|PictureField55]] ([[User talk:PictureField55|talk]]) 00:06, December 29, 2017 (UTC)</span>
I was just unfairly blocked on another wiki that I go on often. The article says that you can contact the admin that blocked you.... but how!? Seriously, if you can't edit the wiki, then how can you contact them? <<font face="Gill Sans Ultra Bold"><u>[[User:Dragon Fan|<font color="purple">DrAgOn FaN!</font>]]</u></font><sup>[[User talk:Dragon Fan|<font color="blue"> '''Awesomeness of the SUPERIOR variety!!'''</font>]]</sup> 00:11, August 15, 2011 (UTC)

+
:Means they can't actively use any of the wikis because their account has been globally blocked. ― <span style="font-family:'Constantia'; font-weight:bold; font-size:108%;">[[User:C.Syde65|<font color="maroon">C.Syde</font>]]</span> <span style="font-family:'Adobe Garamond Pro'; font-size:108%;">([[User talk:C.Syde65|<font color="black">talk</font>]] | [[:Special:Contributions/C.Syde65|<font color="black">contribs</font>]])</span> 00:19, December 29, 2017 (UTC)
: Just change your IP address. [[Special:Contributions/69.35.168.119|69.35.168.119]] 01:18, May 20, 2013 (UTC)

== Unblock me! ==
+
==A question==
  +
So, if you are blocked, it tells you to contact an admin? You can't if you are blocked, then what should you do?

+
Especially if they are realitively harsh on you, they would probably yell out a furious response (its possible that I am doing the same mistake all over again, but they don't have to be like that).[[User:SUPER4geditTANK|SUPER4geditTANK]] ([[User talk:SUPER4geditTANK|talk]]) 12:22, July 5, 2018 (UTC)
The block was made by Plantsthrust.

+
:You edit your talk page and request an unblock. However you can only do this if you are able to edit your talk page. If you can't do that, try and contact the admin on another wiki, but be careful. Some users are rather touchy about blocked users trying to contact them elsewhere, as they may see this as harassment. ― <span style="font-family:'Constantia'; font-weight:bold; font-size:108%;">[[User:C.Syde65|<font color="maroon">C.Syde</font>]]</span> <span style="font-family:'Adobe Garamond Pro'; font-size:108%;">([[User talk:C.Syde65|<font color="black">talk</font>]] | [[:Special:Contributions/C.Syde65|<font color="black">contribs</font>]])</span> 12:43, July 5, 2018 (UTC)
  +
::Thanks for that, even if it does not work I will still thank you![[User:SUPER4geditTANK|SUPER4geditTANK]] ([[User talk:SUPER4geditTANK|talk]]) 12:44, July 5, 2018 (UTC)
  +
:::No problem! ;) ― <span style="font-family:'Constantia'; font-weight:bold; font-size:108%;">[[User:C.Syde65|<font color="maroon">C.Syde</font>]]</span> <span style="font-family:'Adobe Garamond Pro'; font-size:108%;">([[User talk:C.Syde65|<font color="black">talk</font>]] | [[:Special:Contributions/C.Syde65|<font color="black">contribs</font>]])</span> 12:45, July 5, 2018 (UTC)

+
== Question ==
* Reason given: Flooding.

+
Please fully-protect the page because I'm afraid vandals come here and vandalise this page. [[User:Gagarsa05|Gagarsa05]] ([[User talk:Gagarsa05|talk]]) 01:42, July 30, 2018 (UTC)
* Start of block: 00:28, August 28, 2011

+
: This page isn't subject to vandalism very often. There's no reason to protect it. -- <span style="color: #FFD300; font-family: Courier New;">[[User:KockaAdmiralac|<span style="color: #FFD300; font-family: Courier New;">Cube</span>]]-[[Message Wall:KockaAdmiralac|<span style="color: #FFD300; font-family: Courier New;">shaped</span>]] [[Special:Contribs/KockaAdmiralac|<span style="color: #FFD300; font-family: Courier New;">garbage can</span>]]</span> 13:57, July 30, 2018 (UTC)
* Expiry of block: 00:28, August 28, 2012

+
::I agree to that. Also if the page is protected then legitimate users will be unable to edit it. What's the point of asking an administrator to do the edits for you when it is much less troublesome to do those edits yourself? ― <span style="font-family:'Constantia'; font-weight:bold; font-size:108%;">[[User:C.Syde65|<font color="maroon">C.Syde</font>]]</span> <span style="font-family:'Adobe Garamond Pro'; font-size:108%;">([[User talk:C.Syde65|<font color="black">talk</font>]] | [[:Special:Contributions/C.Syde65|<font color="black">contribs</font>]])</span> 10:28, July 31, 2018 (UTC)
* Intended blockee: 99.172.137.235

* Block ID: #1469

* Current IP address: 99.172.137.235

+
==Votes==
  +
Can blocked users vote on polls, or Kudos/upvote posts?—|| [[User:Grudgeholderr|<span style="color: #40e0d0; cursor: help; font: bold 16px/22px Rock Salt, MV Boli, monospace; text-shadow: -0.5px 0 blue, 0 0.5px blue, 0.5px 0 blue, 0 -0.5px blue;" title="Just call me Grudge!">Grudgeholderr</span>]] ||— 10:15, August 19, 2018 (UTC)
  +
:I think they can. I blocked myself on a wiki yesterday (for a test) and I could still vote and give Kudos. [[User:Rehana242|Rehana242]] ([[User talk:Rehana242|talk]]) 10:55, August 19, 2018 (UTC)
  +
::The last time I checked, it wasn't possible to give kudos while blocked. However I have never known users to be unable to vote on polls while blocked. I could be wrong though as I've never tried it before. ― <span style="font-family:'Constantia'; font-weight:bold; font-size:108%;">[[User:C.Syde65|<font color="maroon">C.Syde</font>]]</span> <span style="font-family:'Adobe Garamond Pro'; font-size:108%;">([[User talk:C.Syde65|<font color="black">talk</font>]] | [[:Special:Contributions/C.Syde65|<font color="black">contribs</font>]])</span> 12:50, August 19, 2018 (UTC)

+
==Block Name Change==
  +
how do you change the name of a block, to something different

+
The Surreal Meme changed Blocked to Scronched, and The TARDIS Data Core changed Blocked to Exiled.{{Unsigned|Ank57}}
I'll stop flooding. [[User:Pvzaddict1276|Pvzaddict1276]] wanted to block me for flooding!

Please unblock me immediately!

[[Special:Contributions/99.172.137.235|99.172.137.235]]

+
::you can edit [[Mediawiki:User-identity-box-group-blocked]] on wiki you want to be changed and you should be a admin on that wiki to edit mediawiki pages.{{User:Yuusuke_Takazaki/S|16:13, March 26, 2019 (UTC)}}
==Help!==

I think I blocked myself by accident on the [[http://www.nyancat.wikia.com Nyan Cat Wiki]. What should I do? [[User:WarriorLoverInc|WarriorLoverInc]] 02:36, October 8, 2011 (UTC)

+
==Question==
== About: Blocking ==

+
Who's talking in that video? Kirkburn? [[User:LightHouse38|LightHouse38]] ([[User talk:LightHouse38|talk]]) 17:15, April 6, 2019 (UTC)
Hi,

+
They're blocked, but they can still post stuff on userpages and the pages created. I wanted to block the spammers that keep trying to post stuff they should not have made but even when I used the "block user" box, their edits STILL are kept in. Why can't this blocking mechanism block them from even editing the pages as well (even if it's for users only on some pages)?
Is there a way of area blocking for creating new accounts and edits? Like if a part of a country... is coming to spam your wiki, and a part of members in the wiki also in that area... And if I want to block IP in the area to not edit and create new account but account that are already created in the past but also in the area can edit?

+
==Discussions blocks?==
Please reply fast. Thanks A LOT!

+
(just asking) Is there a way to ban users from Discussions and/or Forums but not from the entire wikia? Or is the "banning users in this feature but not from the entire wikia" thing only for chat? {{Signature/Botuczy}}

+
==Blocking myself==
[[User:khoi98|<span style="font-weight:bold; color:red; text-shadow:grey 0.5em 0.5em 0.6em; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 1px 3px;"> <i>Khoi98</i></span>]]<sup>'''''[[user_talk:khoi98#footer|talk]]'''''-'''[http://youtube.com/khoi98 YouTube]'''</sup>

+
What happens if i block myself?
:It is possible with a range block with autoblock and account creation disabled. However, it is highly discouraged. If you still wish to do so, the info can be found [[Help:Range blocks|here]]. [[User:ZamorakO o|<span style="color:#22CC00;">~ty</span>]] 19:59, November 25, 2011 (UTC)

==Limiting Page Creation to Admins==

I have somebody who keeps making edits to my wiki and they add pages unrelated to my own. Every time I block them, they just make another account and continue the vandalism. Is there a way I can limit creation of pages to only administators? I hate to do this, but they just won't stop adding stuff to my wiki. Please help. [[User:LeeHatake93|LeeHatake93]] 15:13, April 19, 2012 (UTC)

==Is there a way to block someone from accessing a wiki in general?==

I've got a personal wiki of my own for stuff I make (mostly just so I can keep track of everything) and I've got this ridiculous little fan copying every little thing I do. All he does is copy concepts and backstories I make up and changes the names. Is there a way that I can stop him from even viewing the material on the site?

+
[[User:EndreUjvari|EndreUjvari]] ([[User talk:EndreUjvari|talk]]) 10:31, January 16, 2021 (UTC)EndreUjvari[[User:EndreUjvari|EndreUjvari]] ([[User talk:EndreUjvari|talk]]) 10:31, January 16, 2021 (UTC)
([[User:Skye Hattori|Skye Hattori]] 01:33, June 10, 2012 (UTC))

== Brother blocked = me blocked ==
+
== Blocking (Falsely Accused) ==

+
What if you get falsely accused of doing things that you didn't do, because you posted a comment that was at the same time someone else got blocked?
My brother, who once in awhile edits on the [[w:c:naruto|Naruto Wiki]], got blocked by insulting a user and now I'm blocked because the IP address is blocked. I can't contact an admin and I don't know what to do... --[[User:OmegaRasengan|OmegaRasengan]] 19:56, June 21, 2012 (UTC)

+
[[User:Not-A-Member2|Not-A-Member2]] ([[User talk:Not-A-Member2|talk]]) 16:58, 2 March 2021 (UTC)

+
== How to find the user who blocked me. ==
:Change your IP address. Do this by leaving your router unplugged overnight, and plug it back in the next day. [[Special:Contributions/69.35.168.119|69.35.168.119]] 01:15, May 20, 2013 (UTC)

+
Just to hypothetical how can I find the user who blocked me from editing even though I just wanted to add a bit more to said page.
==Brother Indirectedly blocked me.==

Hi I'm Robotman32. I am from the Regular Show Wiki. So I was on Regular Show Wiki but then I had to get off for at least over a minute. While I was off, my brother came to the computer and added false information to articles. I got back on and I noticed I was blocked. I was going to tell an administator that It wasn't me but due to the block, I can't comment or leave a message on his talk page. Can someone please help? [[User: Robotman32|<font color="dodgerblue"> '''Robotman32'''</font>]] [[User talk:Robotman32|<font color="green"> '''Ultimate Big Nate Fan.'''</font>]] 20:48, June 26, 2012 (UTC)

+
==About blocking (some) fandom staff==
HELP

+
I would not recommend blocking staff members, but what if I blocked a fandom staff member from a specific fandom site? Would that result in me getting blocked if I did that? I'm just making sure that isn't against the fandom policy, so I wouldn't get blocked. [[User:GurgiFan57|GurgiFan57]] ([[User talk:GurgiFan57|talk]]) 22:07, 30 June 2021 (UTC)
  +
:You couldn't anyway. Staff cannot be blocked, they have the "unblockable" right within the STAFF group. {{raw:w::User:Zacatero/Signature}} 22:46, 30 June 2021 (UTC)

+
== Revenge? ==

+
Can I block an admin (on other wikis) in my own community and block him across the whole Fandom network?
  +
dreamy, when you were sleeping
  +
::See this page: [[Help:Wiki Rules and Blocking Policy]] <span class="plainlinks">[https://c.fandom.com/wiki/User:Paramount1106/About https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/upncbs-wiki/images/9/92/Paramount_Pictures.svg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/90]</span><span class="plainlinks" title="This user is a member of the Vanguard team">[https://c.fandom.com/wiki/Help:Vanguard https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/central/images/f/fd/Vanguard.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/30]</span><span style="border: gold solid 5px; color:black; border-radius:0em 0em 0em 0em; padding:5px;">[[User:Paramount1106|<span style="color:black;">Paramount1106</span>]]</span> <span style="border: blue solid 5px; color:black; border-radius:0em 0em 0em 0em; padding:4px;">{{#ifexist:User talk:Paramount1106|[[User talk:Paramount1106|✉️]]|[[Message Wall:Paramount1106|✉️]]}}</span> <span style="border:red solid 5px; color:black; border-radius:0em 0em 0em 0em; padding:4px;">[[w:User:Paramount1106/Guestbook|📝]]</span> <span style="border: green solid 5px; color:black; border-radius:0em 0em 0em 0em; padding:4px;">[[Special:Contributions/Paramount1106|⛰]]</span> 04:03, 30 August 2021 (UTC)

+
== I have a question… ==
hy well some ideot in my college got the IP adress blocked so i cant edit things on wikia any more i thought it was just this computer at first but i tried it on my friends and still i cant edit things please help i want to make my only wikia and edit things on others and i cant this is the only sight the college lets me on so please unblock it please {{unsigned}}

+
Can admins be blocked? (Anonymous) September 16 2021{{unsigned|72.92.80.128}}
I am unfairly blocked too. On Fantendo today I got randomly blocked with no reason given. The expiry is on January 17. There wasn't even a warning to stop before the block. I was following the rules and not flaming anybody. All I was doing was creating my fanon theories (since Fantendo is a Nintendo Fanon wiki) in the comments section. How can I contact the person who blocked me? {{unsigned}}

+
*Technically yes, admins can be blocked. However they also have the ability to unblock themselves. An admin would need to have their sysop removed before being blocked. [[User:Supreme Emperor|<b style="color:red; text-shadow:red 0.2em 0.2em 0.4em;">Supreme Emperor</b>]] <sup>[[User talk:Supreme Emperor|<b style="color:black">''Holocomm''</b>]]</sup> 04:41, 17 September 2021 (UTC)

+
== What does "This user is currently blocked across the Fandom network." mean? ==
Both of you guys have to sign your posts to be recongnized, just use 4 ~s, if you somehow can't find it just copy/past the one I put it. To reply to the second person, you can't contact him if you have been blocked from using message/talk page unless you log out and go onto his talk page. [[User:Pootis Man|Pootis Man]] ([[User talk:Pootis Man|talk]]) 19:55, April 24, 2014 (UTC)

+
Does it mean, this user is banned on all of FANDOM? and how do you block a user on all of FANDOM? --[[User:ZOWXTCERYV|ZOWXTCERYV]] ([[User talk:ZOWXTCERYV|talk]]) 21:08, Oct 20, 2021 (UTC)
==Merry Christmas from 66.30.34.177==

+
:As it sounds, such users have been generally blocked in all Fandom projects. Only the highest-ranking users of the Fandom staff can block an account generally in all Fandom. Usually these are trolls whose nicknames or avatars are highly offensive or imply another serious violation of Fandom's policies, such as sockpuppety or hateful behavior on dozens of repeated occasions that demonstrate that that user was not seeking to contribute at all and only annoy other users or vandalize content hosted on Fandom wikis.
== Is there any way to clear or delete block log ==

+
:Here is an example: https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Coloradofan2020
I block someone by mistake, and then unblock them, but it has been displayed on their block log. I don't like that and wonder if wikia has a "clear or delete block log" function?

[[User:Shieru-chan|Shieru-chan]] ([[User talk:Shieru-chan|talk]]) 01:45, December 29, 2012 (UTC)
+
:I hope this clears your doubts. PD: Remember to sign your own messages.[[User:Rare Hunter|Rare Hunter]] ([[User talk:Rare Hunter|talk]]) 21:52, 20 October 2021 (UTC)
:No, there is no way for a user without a certain permission to hide, or delete a log entry. --[[User:PlasmaTime|<span style="color:#0000CD">'''Plasma'''</span>]] ([[User_talk:PlasmaTime|<span style="color:#38B0DE"><small>Talk</small></span>]]) 01:51, December 29, 2012 (UTC)

== IP block ==
+
== I got a question ==

+
How can I see the block user?{{unsigned|Unicorn.123sl}}
Good day,

+
::You can view list of blocked users at [[Special:BlockList]] on any wiki.--<span style="text-shadow: 0 0 8px silver; padding:4px; background: ivory; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing: 1.5px; ">[[User:~aanzx|~aanzx]] ( [[User talk:~aanzx|✉]] • [[Special:Contributions/~aanzx|©]] • [[Help:SOAP|SOAP]] ) </span> 10:30, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
I recently got my IP blocked from the Once Upon a Time wiki, while roaming around the forums anonymously.

+
== how to change "this user is currently blocked" on fandom ==
My account now appears as 'banished'.

+
How do I do it? {{Unsigned|SunkyQTHybrid1234}}
I read that IP blocks are usually temporary.

+
: That can be done by requesting it via [[Special:Contact]]. —[[User:BaRaN6161TURK|<span style="color:red;">Bar</span><span style="color:black;">an</span>]] [[User talk:BaRaN6161TURK|<sup style="color:red;">☪︎</sup>]] 22:31, 11 May 2022 (UTC)

+
== Adjusting "Special:Block" page text ==
How do I know the length of this block?

+
Is there anyway to modify or change the top text that sits on the [[Special:Block|block]] page for mods/admins (''Use the form below to block write access from a specific IP address...'')? There appears to be a red link on the "policy" text that I would like to adjust to ensure that it actually links to our policies instead of being dead/nonexistent. Thanks. <br/>-<b>Ventillate {</b> [[User:Ventillate|👤]] <b>|</b> [[User talk:Ventillate|💬]] <b>|</b> [[Special:Contributions/Ventillate|🔧]] <b>}</b><br/> 14:31, 26 May 2022 (UTC)
I don't know which admin issued it, is there a way for me to find out?

+
:You can directly make a redirect to the current policy. It's possible to redirect to the non-existent page. —[[User:BaRaN6161TURK|<span style="color:red;">Bar</span><span style="color:black;">an</span>]] [[User talk:BaRaN6161TURK|<sup style="color:red;">☪︎</sup>]] 18:23, 26 May 2022 (UTC)
  +
::Making a redirect to the current policy? How would that work? I don't know what MediaWiki page the block page would link to. <br/>-<b>Ventillate {</b> [[User:Ventillate|👤]] <b>|</b> [[User talk:Ventillate|💬]] <b>|</b> [[Special:Contributions/Ventillate|🔧]] <b>}</b><br/> 14:37, 27 May 2022 (UTC)
  +
::: For example, you want to link it like '''#REDIRECT <nowiki>[[Project:Rules]]</nowiki>''' on '''Project:Policy'''. This makes a valid link to do that. For security reasons, it can't be change unless you want to whitelist the system message by [[Special:Contact|contacting Fandom Staff]]. —[[User:BaRaN6161TURK|<span style="color:red;">Bar</span><span style="color:black;">an</span>]] [[User talk:BaRaN6161TURK|<sup style="color:red;">☪︎</sup>]] 17:47, 27 May 2022 (UTC)

+
== Can an admin add a Global Block section to the Block page? ==
Thank you, any feedback is greatly appreaciated.

[[User:DoomBoomDoom|DoomBoomDoom]] ([[User talk:DoomBoomDoom|talk]]) 04:02, May 7, 2013 (UTC)DoomBoomDoom
+
Your’s truly, [[User:TowerofGenerationFailure|~ToGF~]] ([[User talk:TowerofGenerationFailure|talk]]) 10:54, 23 September 2022 (UTC)

== Blocked for Correcting False Information ==

The block was made by [http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/User:The_Dragon_Demands <u>The Dragon Demands</u>].

*Reason given: reverting Admin edits

*Start of block: 02:14, May 8, 2013

*Expiry of block: infinite

*Intended blockee: 80.46.209.5

*Block ID: #846

*Current IP address: 80.46.209.5

+
== How I Do Text The Reason Messages? ==
  +
I Want To Text [[Help:Message Wall|Reason Messages]]! {{Color-link|Blue|User:Suhaib Mahdi|Suhaib Mahdi}} ([[User talk:Suhaib Mahdi|talk]]) 14:32, June 9, 2023 (UTC)

+
what does #43 mean on blocks?
I was blocked for changing false information into correct information. The informations was about how name was pronounced at the poster seemed ignorant of national differences in pronunciation and assumed his was correct. Now, I can't contact them and ask them to unblock me as I have to be unblocked to contact them. And, I can't change my IP adress.

+
== Misuse of Admin rights ==

+
All admins on the [https://apeirophobia.fandom.com/wiki/Apeirophobia_Wiki Apeirophobia Wiki] agreed to abuse their rights and exclude me entirely for no good reason!
  +
What do I do?
  +
[[User:Emmittplay|Emmitt_Play]] ([[User talk:Emmittplay|talk]]) 22:43, 16 July 2023 (UTC)

+
== Global block log ==
Will someone please, please ask them to unblock. I haven't done anything wrong.

+
Why can't we see the reasons of people who got blocked across Fandom? Is there a global block log? [[User:PoppyPlaytimeIsBest530|PoppyPlaytimeIsBest530]] ([[w:Message Wall:PoppyPlaytimeIsBest530|CC Message Wall]])

[[Special:Contributions/80.46.209.5|80.46.209.5]] 17:05, May 28, 2013 (UTC)

: You should be able to edit your talkpage.'''~ [[User:UltimateSupreme|<span style="color:blue;">Ultimate</span>]][[User talk:UltimateSupreme|<span style="color:#EE2C2C;">Supreme</span>]]''' 17:19, May 28, 2013 (UTC)

::Also, the block was made on the [http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/80.46.209.5 Game of Thrones Wiki]. - [[User:IvyLover|IvyLover]] ([[Message Wall:IvyLover|talk]] | [[Special:Block/IvyLover|block]] | [[Special:UserRights/IvyLover|user rights]] | [[Special:Contributions/IvyLover|contributions]]) 01:52, September 11, 2014 (UTC)

==Help==

I need because their are some people who keep on bothering my Wikia. Even though block they keep coming back through different IP addresses. What should I do? ([[User:LunarSolar|LunarSolar]] ([[User talk:LunarSolar|talk]]) 19:46, August 16, 2013 (UTC))

==Comment spammers over at Dance Central wiki==

Hi, Wikia people. I am an admin over at Dance Central wiki (link [http://dancecentral.wikia.com/wiki/Dance_Central_Wiki here]) and there havs been vandalism in the comment section. The people have IP addresses <span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:16px;line-height:normal;">69.249.183.204 (goes by Koletta) and </span><span style="line-height:normal;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:medium;">208.54.85.229 (goes by Jeff the killer). I would block them from Wikia, but I can not because I am not an admin here, so could you do this. </span>

<span style="line-height:normal;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:medium;">P.S: The reason I am talking so formally is because the apostrophes are not working. :P</span>

Lorralay 20:32, August 28, 2013 (UTC)

:You should report these users to Wikia Staff via [[Special:Contact]]. Please include the usernames/IP adresses of the users in your report. -- [[User:Princess Platinum|<strong style="color:#3897BB">Prinplat</strong>]] [[w:c:dev|<strong style="font: new york times; font-size: 110%; color: #002d54"><b><small><sub>]Open Source[</sub></small></b></strong>]]

:

==Please==

My block was done by Da Nerd on SpongeBob Fanon Wiki. 

Reason given: Editing articles without permission from the authors; should have done this a long time ago

Start of block: 11:02, 21 July 2013

Expiry of block: 11:02, 21 October 2013

Intended blockee: DudeBob SquarePants

Block ID:#810

Current ID adress: 220.225.1.34

Can anyone in this wiki who hangs out on SpongeBob Fanon Wiki please unban me! I am sorry for my behavior! It would be nice if you do. 

Thanks. [[User:DudeBob SquarePants|DudeBob SquarePants]] ([[User talk:DudeBob SquarePants|talk]]) 08:01, September 15, 2013 (UTC)

==<span style="font-size:20px;">Hi people!</span>==

I was wondering what you type if you need to block a user permanently. Thanks.

Lorralay 22:01, September 16, 2013 (UTC)

== Spelling Errors ==

There really has been some kind of mistake. I was never adding any false information, just correcting some spelling errors. Any chance the administrator of Wikia could unblock my user account? The "U" at the start of the sentence "upon arriving in France," should be Capitalized. {{Unsigned|Bobolah17|16:21, November 14, 2013}}

:I'm sorry, I can find no way of getting in contact with an admin on Clash of Clans after being blocked. I received this without being asked to justify myself. I believe it was done unfairly, and I would like to discuss this with someone on Clash of Clans

:You cannot add a comment to the article.<br />

:'''Your user name or IP address has been blocked.''' The block was made by [[User:|User:]].

*Reason given: Removing content from pages

*Start of block: 14:57, November 22, 2013

*Expiry of block: 14:57, November 22, 2014

*Intended blockee:

*Block ID: #1543

*Current IP address: 67.80.227.44

I deleted a line that I wanted to be read properly, and I suppose I forgot about it for a few min. Before I could put in the proper line, I was blocked by Badw0lf007.

At the very least, I would like the line to be properly edited. Personally, I believe that said admin was bit unfair applying a one year block so quickly, especially without even asking about it first. Please let me know what I can do to discuss this with the approiate people.

:Thanks, [[User:Alex3927|Alex3927]] ([[User talk:Alex3927|talk]]) 15:47, November 22, 2013 (UTC)

::'''Please ask this question on [[Special:Forum|the forums]].''' [[User:Thisismyrofl|Thisismyrofl]] ([[User talk:Thisismyrofl|talk]]) 06:32, November 23, 2013 (UTC)

:::If anyone knows if a forum thread was made to discuss this, a link would be appreciated, I don't know how to search for it efficiently. [[User talk:Tycio|talk2ty]] 14:56, April 17, 2014 (UTC)

:This is a critical oversight in this help page and I am going to bring it up in a new section below. [[#Contacting blocker]] for more. [[User talk:Tycio|talk2ty]] 14:56, April 17, 2014 (UTC)

== HELP ==

i need to be unbanned at the Spyro Wikia pls i was anouncing a game and got blocked

==Changing==

I changed my accounts username but then I am blocked forever. What do I do?{{Unsigned|81.132.181.53}}

:Your account is globally blocked during the rename process so that no edits interfere with it. Once the rename is finished, the block is automatically lifted; if it remains in place for longer, e.g. a day or more depending on your edit count, try using [[Special:Contact/general]]. [[User:TK-999|TK-999]] ([[User talk:TK-999|talk]]) 12:06, February 1, 2014 (UTC)

==Need Help==

I tried range blocking several times to stop a vandal who keeps getting new IP accounts, but it isn't working, he keeps getting IP accounts that are far apart and different from one another. Please make it so that [[http://the-kennel.wikia.com my wiki]] can only be edited by registered users. Please, he won't stop coming and I've tried everything else I could.

== Sadly,i am blocked on Candy Crush Saga Wiki. ==

I was just in chat with some people in CCSW. We were talking about a bad person. Then,for some reason,i was banned from chat and then blocked. I'm not lying!! [[User:Variousthings3251|Variousthings3251]] ([[User talk:Variousthings3251|talk]]) 19:56, April 5, 2014 (UTC) AND AN ADMIN HAS MADE A BLOG POST OF ME!!!!!! '''''PLEASE UNBLOCK ME!!!!''''' [[User:Variousthings3251|Variousthings3251]] ([[User talk:Variousthings3251|talk]]) 19:56, April 5, 2014 (UTC) [[File:Unfortunate_block.jpg|thumb|WHAT???????

]]

:As this is not a discussion of suggestions of improvements to the page [[Help:Blocking]], '''please ask this question on [[Special:Forum|the forum]].''' [[User:Thisismyrofl|Thisismyrofl]] ([[User talk:Thisismyrofl|talk]]) 20:07, April 5, 2014 (UTC)

"The block was made by the liar admin, [http://candy-crush-saga.wikia.com/wiki/User:Emmaelise401 Emmaelise401].

*Reason given: Sockpuppet of: Kool

*Start of block: 19:42, April 10, 2014

*Expiry of block: infinite

*Intended blockee: Variousthings3241

*Block ID: #307

*Current IP address: 82.114.35.202"

*[[User:Variousthings3241|Variousthings3241]] ([[User talk:Variousthings3241|talk]]) 17:56, April 12, 2014 (UTC)

:OK,it seems that it was a mistake,[[User:Variousthings3251|Variousthings3251]] ([[User talk:Variousthings3251|talk]]) 12:34, April 6, 2014 (UTC)

:Please unblock me,i am infinitely blocked.

== Disney Wiki ==

[[User:Bella kim|Bella kim]] ([[User talk:Bella kim|talk]]) 22:14, April 9, 2014 (UTC) Please unblock me in the Disney wiki.

SopranoGirl is the one who blocked but I'm blocked too in the Disney wiki.

:You're not blocked on the Disney Wiki. --[[User:Tupka217|<span style="color:#008000">'''Tupka'''</span>]][[Message wall:Tupka217|<sup><span style="color:#FF8C00">''217''</span></sup>]] 22:18, April 9, 2014 (UTC)

Axel1999 here for RangerWiki, and I want to ask admin Nbajammer on which part of copyrighted work that I've uploaded. If that's from ToQger, I really apologize for not knowing that was not allowed. I'm such a noob and I know my mistake, but please, I'm also a Sentai fan, and I'm love to edit your page with all of my knowledge from recent episode of Sentai. Promise I will never do it again if I'm done anything wrong.

==Is anything I've done wrong on RangerWiki? Axel1999 needs to know==

If there is any wrong that causes you to permanently block my account, I'm sorry and I apologize for not knowing that. At least I need to know which part of copyrighted work you're referring to. If ToQger image is that what do you mean, I'm so sorry, I didn't know that was not allowed. Promise I'll never do it again in the future. [[User:Axel1999|Axel1999]] ([[User talk:Axel1999|talk]]) 16:35, April 10, 2014 (UTC)

:Hello, this page is for discussing changes to the Blocking help page. You'll need to contact the user on their message wall here or leave a message on your talk page on the wiki you were blocked on, if they didn't block you from editing that as well. {{User:TyA/sig}} 16:53, April 10, 2014 (UTC)

:::Unfortunately, since my account is blocked, I can't leave a message to the admin of that wiki. Is there any other way I can use? Can you show me how? [[User:Axel1999|Axel1999]] ([[User talk:Axel1999|talk]]) 17:12, April 10, 2014 (UTC)

==Contacting blocker==

:If you feel you have been unfairly blocked, please contact the person who blocked you.

Users are instructed to do this, but I believe more information should be provided here. When people are blocked, they can only edit their own talk pages, and sometimes not even that, if the blocking admin is particularly malicious (this should only be done against spammers who are not interactive, not to prevent an appeals process, but it happens when people abuse power).

So it is not possible to contact via a Talk Page or a Message Wall. The only way someone would know you're trying to contact them is if they were already subscribed to your message wall or following your talk page due to previous interaction.

:Admins are advised to give a warning to people before banning them.

Not all admins do that, so there may be no such prior interaction to utilize to engage in conversation with them. If a user has not had prior subscribed-to Message Wall convos with other admins, there is also no means of appealing to other admins who manage a wiki.

A 'list of admins' is basically useless to the average user. Most people are unaware of the [[Special:Contact]] function these days, as it is not readily advertised. For those who ARE aware of it, it is not always a functional option because many wikis disable this contact feature, and for those who do have it enabled, some users do not provide e-mail addresses to use it.

I believe if this is the only means of admin contact made available to banned members that admins MUST be mandated to keep this function active. But even then, e-mails can be ignored without consequence, and there should be consequence and oversight to admins who shirk the duty of interacting with the members and giving them a fair hearing. Wikis are not the personal property of any particular user, even those vested with authority like admins or even bureaucrats.

Just as staff consider the thoughts of the community at large, the average user, when appointing new management, these opinions should be taken into consideration when deciding whether or not to keep them, whether or not their decisions are just and whether or not they are abusing their powers.

I am going to add discussion of the options and mention the possibility of contacting a user via Community Central. Administrators who disable a user's ability to edit have disabled the ability to leave a Talk Page or Message Wall comment. Due to this, and the lack of reliability of [[Special:Contact]], using Community Central as an open forum to discuss the issue seems all that remains. These contributions would be off-wiki so they would not be as obvious to other editors, assuring some means of privacy (though obviously none is absolute).

I believe a third option for resolution should be provided though. If sysops are being abusive, a clear means for contacting Wikia Staff about resolving this should be created. I don't think it's right for Staff to ignore these events. Staff are ultimately responsible for appointing new sysops/bureaucrats when they issue out adoptions, and for making sure policies are followed to prevent the bullying of users and creating an open atmosphere. [[User talk:Tycio|talk2ty]] 14:56, April 17, 2014 (UTC)

==Speculative evolution wiki==

[http://speculativeevolution.wikia.com/wiki/User:142.176.114.76 Me] and someone else ([http://speculativeevolution.wikia.com/wiki/User:Lifeafterpeoplefan1revised Lifeafterpeoplefan1revised]) have been blocked over at [http://speculativeevolution.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page speculative evolution wiki] and no reason was given. In addition I can't find any reason I (Or he.) should've been blocked. I was blocked by [http://speculativeevolution.wikia.com/wiki/User:Admantus Admantus].Please investigate and help. --Ibexgod[[Special:Contributions/142.176.114.76|142.176.114.76]] 19:25, April 18, 2014 (UTC)

:Unless there is a Terms of Use violation or community consensus against the admin, staff generally won't interfere. --[[User:Tupka217|<span style="color:#008000">'''Tupka'''</span>]][[Message wall:Tupka217|<sup><span style="color:#FF8C00">''217''</span></sup>]] 19:38, April 18, 2014 (UTC)

::Does lack of warning or any sort of conversation fall under those? --Ibexgod

:::Nope. --[[User:Tupka217|<span style="color:#008000">'''Tupka'''</span>]][[Message wall:Tupka217|<sup><span style="color:#FF8C00">''217''</span></sup>]] 19:56, April 18, 2014 (UTC)

::::Any chance a staff might check it out in their spare time? --Ibexgod

:::::Not unless you [[Special:Contact/general|contact them]] - but don't get your hopes up. Blocking without warning is well within the authority of a local admin. --[[User:Tupka217|<span style="color:#008000">'''Tupka'''</span>]][[Message wall:Tupka217|<sup><span style="color:#FF8C00">''217''</span></sup>]] 21:15, April 18, 2014 (UTC)

::::::Lack of warning wasn't exactly what I was getting at, and more so lack of any point as far as I can figure out.[[Special:Contributions/142.176.114.76|142.176.114.76]] 21:35, April 18, 2014 (UTC)

==Figuring out active blocks==

In cases where there are many block logs, is there a command we can use to call up a list of those still actively blocked? Like for example, if someone was permanently blocked 5 years ago, and in the last month dozens of people get brief 10-minute blocks, the logs are all cluttered.

I was wondering if the log could arrange by severity rather than chronology? Or is there some kind of Special:ListUsers grouping which will only show blocked people?

I want a means of reviewing people actively blocked, in case there are any blocks I'd like to shorten, stuff like that. [[User talk:Tycio|talk2ty]] 05:13, May 1, 2014 (UTC)

==Blocked on Fairytailwiki==

Um. I screwed up and got myself blocked on fairytail wiki. I understand what I did wrong and just want to contact the admin who blocked me, but I'm blocked from even my own talk page. Help please?[[User:SasookayIsRlyCoo|SasookayIsRlyCoo]] ([[User talk:SasookayIsRlyCoo|talk]]) 17:12, June 13, 2014 (UTC)

:You could contact them on their message wall on this wiki in a civil manner. --[[User:Callofduty4|Callofduty4]] ([[User talk:Callofduty4|talk]]) 17:14, June 13, 2014 (UTC)

:The admins have continued to ignore me entirely[[User:SasookayIsRlyCoo|SasookayIsRlyCoo]] ([[User talk:SasookayIsRlyCoo|talk]]) 18:09, June 13, 2014 (UTC)

::They can do that. Move on, find another wiki, make sure you don't get blocked on that. --18:39, June 13, 2014 (UTC)

Hi, my username is CourtneyJines & I was infinitely blocked on the CSI wiki. I need to be unblocked to edit my personal page/bio, but I cannot contact the blocker nor can I do anything on the wiki itself anymore. I just want to be unblocked...please!

==Undeserved permanent block/IP block on Muppets Wiki==

Hello,

A month ago, I made an awful edit on the Muppet Wiki (which included my personal dislike of a character). I realized it was vandalism and went back to remove it. I then noticed that I was PERMANENTLY blocked from the Wiki with no warning whatsoever. I then logged onto a different IP and user and posted a lengthy apology and unban request on the offending Admin's talk page. He never responded. A month later, I posted a similar message. I was then blocked on my second account and IP. Please help me. I have never vandalized a Wiki before, and have contributed to several other Wikis (which you can see in my "Favorite Wikis"). {{Unsigned| ‎Mario-MegaManX}}

:Admins can block at their own discretion. Wikia doesn't interfere with that, the only way to appeal the block is to ask the blocking admin. If they say no, you won't be unblocked. --[[User:Tupka217|<span style="color:#008000">'''Tupka'''</span>]][[Message wall:Tupka217|<sup><span style="color:#FF8C00">''217''</span></sup>]] 07:56, July 2, 2014 (UTC)

==Cross-Wiki Cyberbullying==

I blocked user by the name of VideoGamePhenomHD on Kirby Wiki more than a year ago. His block expired and he returned for revenge. I had to ban him for intimidating behavior. From time to time, he'll appear on other wikis (such as [http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:VideoGamePhenomHD Pokemon Wiki] and [http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:VideoGamePhenomHD Fantendo]) with the intention of cyberbullying me. It's getting rather annoying. He ends up blocked by the respective wikis' admins each time, but that won't solve the problem indefinitely.

He disrespectful to other admins and me, making destructive edits for fun. Is there any way to have him banned from the entirety of Wikia? If not, what else can be done about him?

-NerdyBoutKirby

:Send this to [[Special:Contact/general]], staff will answer it there. --[[User:Tupka217|<span style="color:#008000">'''Tupka'''</span>]][[Message wall:Tupka217|<sup><span style="color:#FF8C00">''217''</span></sup>]] 07:50, October 7, 2014 (UTC)

== Blocked for Terrorism ==

Could somebody get blocked if they are promoting terrorism? (e.g. putting a terrorist flag as a profile picture). [[Special:Contributions/174.91.69.244|174.91.69.244]] 04:18, October 26, 2014 (UTC)

:they could be blocked locally, if terrorism is against the rules. However, it's not a TOU violation, so they will not be globally blocked. If you have a problem please report it on [[w:c:vstf]] {{unsigned|AwesomeOrange89}}

::Depends which terrorist group it is - the ToU does prohibit religious intolerance. To be sure, use [[Special:Contact/general]]. --[[User:Tupka217|<span style="color:#008000">'''Tupka'''</span>]][[Message wall:Tupka217|<sup><span style="color:#FF8C00">''217''</span></sup>]] 10:17, October 26, 2014 (UTC)

==Shared IP==

On the Regular Show Fanon Wiki, an IP was doing vandalism. The IP was the same as mine, and someone blocked it, and I got blocked too. Can you guys unblock me?

==Help me blocking this user==

Hi, Could you please help me block a user named [http://wreckitralph-fanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Sweet_Eve Sweet Eve] from [http://wreckitralph-fanon.wikia.com/wiki/Wreck-It_Ralph_Fanon_Wiki Wreck-It Ralph Fanon Wiki]. She's a good admin and all, but in the chat rooms she swears at times, accuses me of something I didn't do it and always keep misunderstanding almost everything I say. When I'm playing an only video game with her, she insults me, so could you please, block her? I can't take her anymore, she's being such a troll lately.... [[User:Esquilo33|Esquilo33]] ([[User talk:Esquilo33|talk]]) 03:11, November 23, 2014 (UTC)

:You can't block an admin if you're not an admin yourself. You can try the civil approach, calmly explaining on her message wall that you don't like her language, and ask if she might tone it down or stop. Remember to be civil and as non-confrontational as possible. It might not help, but it's the only thing you can try. --[[User:Tupka217|<span style="color:#008000">'''Tupka'''</span>]][[Message wall:Tupka217|<sup><span style="color:#FF8C00">''217''</span></sup>]] 10:51, November 23, 2014 (UTC)

== RaiderZ's Unacceptable behaviour and Attitude ==

A user from Sidekick Wikia and SpongeBob Wikia named RaiderZ. He typed rude comments like Who the heck made them, WHO THE HECK WROTE PLEASE DONT EAT MY GLASSES!?, AGGH!!!! WHO CONFUSES THEY'RE WITH THEIR!!! A STUPID PERSON, Category villans is spelt WRONG!! UGH!! I HATE WHEN KIDS EDIT!!, YES!!! YOUR FANMADE PAGE IS GONE!!, THIS DOES NOT NEED TO BE HERE!! and Why would you like sponge bob now that he's a bigger idiot than usual today.

Is it possible for him to get blocked all over Wikia for typing these?

[[User:TimandEricman|TimandEricman]] ([[User talk:TimandEricman|talk]]) 02:18, November 27, 2014 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 23:16, 16 November 2023

Information icon 40px
Got a question about this topic?
Head on over to the Discussions!

Blocked Admins[]

What if an admin is blocked? TimandEricman (talk) 18:58, March 7, 2015 (UTC)

Depends. If it's a local block, (s)he can just unblock the account. If it's a global block - by VSTF or Staff - that's not possible. --Tupka217 19:14, March 7, 2015 (UTC)

FOR EVER?

It seems a bit exaggerated the deactivation of a user account "forever" in a wiki says it should be for a short time on this pageFurby 01:30, March 25, 2015 (UTC)

5.65.182.87 10:35, April 3, 2015 (UTC)Unprotect the page.5.65.182.87 10:35, April 3, 2015 (UTC)

My wikia is in a situation[]

The Figures Fanon Wikia is in a bit of a situation, and I need a lot of help on this one!

There's these users that have been making fun of real life people and posting mean and things! Here's the pages, and the users responsible for it:

Pages[]

All Stupid Pages

Users[]

--yr13 (talk) 02:13, May 31, 2015 (UTC)

Contact the local admins to deal with them. Shyguy-emoticon.gifJoey (talk)

Got Blocked Unfairly[]

I got blocked unfairly in http://gaming.wikia.com! The administrator thought I was spamming links to external sites, I wasn't! Please help! Arthur1124 (talk) 04:45, August 20, 2015 (UTC)

I got blocked unfairly in http://borderlands.wikia.com. The administratior thought i was violating the terms of use. Please Wikia, remove that wiki. Raddf2 falloutfan444 12:49, July 1, 2017 (UTC)Raddf2

Hey - please contact the local administrator who blocked you, WarBlade, on their message wall here. noreplyz talk 12:51, June 11, 2017 (UTC) 13:57, July 1, 2017 (UTC)

A reason to block?[]

I started drawing own characters for this girl for her pages and she has gotten me to draw 22 OCs for her. She never showed any gratefulness, she kept pushing me and saying she wants them done by the next day (I wasn't charging her for them). I eventually ignored all her repetitive spam requests after giving her a huge paragraph on why I wouldn't draw for her any longer. She still messages me frequently now, asking for me to draw characters "for other users" (probably just for her own pleasure) and even writing stories about them. Is this a reason to block her for a while? LexsJBTalk 17:52, October 10, 2016 (UTC)

A good admin would block after warning the user in question - which you have done. It's really up to you - admins can block users for anything, but it should be rational and used if the user is no longer acting in good faith. Ozank Cx (talk) 17:57, October 10, 2016 (UTC)

I blocked her last night but she's created a new account (which I'm definite is her) and carrying on with it. Should I block her even though it's on a new account? LexsJBTalk 18:28, October 11, 2016 (UTC)

I think we'd call new accounts "sockpuppets" that tries to dodge a block. Yes, I think you should block it because that's what a lot of wiki admins do. Ryu and Ken and Akuma 20:18, October 11, 2016 (UTC)

Her block expired a few weeks ago and now she keeps spamming messages of thanks (and I know it's because she wants me to keep drawing for her) and just wont stop. Is this also a reason to block or am I just getting to desperate to block her? LexsJBTalk 16:30, November 8, 2016 (UTC)

Yes, constant spamming is a reason to block the person in-order to stop the activity from going on.--Muzzarino 16:48, November 8, 2016 (UTC)

how can i block users by another time[]

pls answer -- GLI TC H 2112 20:10, April 25, 2017 (UTC)

On the dropdown box with the list of given days, you can select "Other time:" and put your own exact date and possibly time as well. I hope that helps! --latest?cb=20161110045342 Annabeth and Percy🎵We've got something special on another level like it's just me and you in the room. Because something so brilliant is meant for just two in a million.🎵latest?cb=20161110045342

Note[]

"This user is currently blocked across the FANDOM network."........

What does it mean? PictureField55 (talk) 00:06, December 29, 2017 (UTC)

Means they can't actively use any of the wikis because their account has been globally blocked. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 00:19, December 29, 2017 (UTC)

A question[]

So, if you are blocked, it tells you to contact an admin? You can't if you are blocked, then what should you do?

Especially if they are realitively harsh on you, they would probably yell out a furious response (its possible that I am doing the same mistake all over again, but they don't have to be like that).SUPER4geditTANK (talk) 12:22, July 5, 2018 (UTC)

You edit your talk page and request an unblock. However you can only do this if you are able to edit your talk page. If you can't do that, try and contact the admin on another wiki, but be careful. Some users are rather touchy about blocked users trying to contact them elsewhere, as they may see this as harassment. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 12:43, July 5, 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for that, even if it does not work I will still thank you!SUPER4geditTANK (talk) 12:44, July 5, 2018 (UTC)
No problem! ;) ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 12:45, July 5, 2018 (UTC)

Question[]

Please fully-protect the page because I'm afraid vandals come here and vandalise this page. Gagarsa05 (talk) 01:42, July 30, 2018 (UTC)

This page isn't subject to vandalism very often. There's no reason to protect it. -- Cube-shaped garbage can 13:57, July 30, 2018 (UTC)
I agree to that. Also if the page is protected then legitimate users will be unable to edit it. What's the point of asking an administrator to do the edits for you when it is much less troublesome to do those edits yourself? ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 10:28, July 31, 2018 (UTC)

Votes[]

Can blocked users vote on polls, or Kudos/upvote posts?—|| Grudgeholderr ||— 10:15, August 19, 2018 (UTC)

I think they can. I blocked myself on a wiki yesterday (for a test) and I could still vote and give Kudos. Rehana242 (talk) 10:55, August 19, 2018 (UTC)
The last time I checked, it wasn't possible to give kudos while blocked. However I have never known users to be unable to vote on polls while blocked. I could be wrong though as I've never tried it before. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 12:50, August 19, 2018 (UTC)

Block Name Change[]

how do you change the name of a block, to something different

The Surreal Meme changed Blocked to Scronched, and The TARDIS Data Core changed Blocked to Exiled.—This unsigned comment is by Ank57 (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

you can edit Mediawiki:User-identity-box-group-blocked on wiki you want to be changed and you should be a admin on that wiki to edit mediawiki pages.★ YuusukeTakazaki SOAP16:13, March 26, 2019 (UTC)

Question[]

Who's talking in that video? Kirkburn? LightHouse38 (talk) 17:15, April 6, 2019 (UTC)

They're blocked, but they can still post stuff on userpages and the pages created. I wanted to block the spammers that keep trying to post stuff they should not have made but even when I used the "block user" box, their edits STILL are kept in. Why can't this blocking mechanism block them from even editing the pages as well (even if it's for users only on some pages)?

Discussions blocks?[]

(just asking) Is there a way to ban users from Discussions and/or Forums but not from the entire wikia? Or is the "banning users in this feature but not from the entire wikia" thing only for chat?  mouth boiBotuczy (WCE)candy cat

Blocking myself[]

What happens if i block myself?

EndreUjvari (talk) 10:31, January 16, 2021 (UTC)EndreUjvariEndreUjvari (talk) 10:31, January 16, 2021 (UTC)

Blocking (Falsely Accused)[]

What if you get falsely accused of doing things that you didn't do, because you posted a comment that was at the same time someone else got blocked? Not-A-Member2 (talk) 16:58, 2 March 2021 (UTC)

How to find the user who blocked me.[]

Just to hypothetical how can I find the user who blocked me from editing even though I just wanted to add a bit more to said page.

About blocking (some) fandom staff[]

I would not recommend blocking staff members, but what if I blocked a fandom staff member from a specific fandom site? Would that result in me getting blocked if I did that? I'm just making sure that isn't against the fandom policy, so I wouldn't get blocked. GurgiFan57 (talk) 22:07, 30 June 2021 (UTC)

You couldn't anyway. Staff cannot be blocked, they have the "unblockable" right within the STAFF group. Zacatero • (Wall) • 15  20  15 22:46, 30 June 2021 (UTC)

Revenge?[]

Can I block an admin (on other wikis) in my own community and block him across the whole Fandom network? dreamy, when you were sleeping

See this page: Help:Wiki Rules and Blocking Policy 9030Paramount1106 ✉️ 📝 04:03, 30 August 2021 (UTC)

I have a question…[]

Can admins be blocked? (Anonymous) September 16 2021—This unsigned comment is by 72.92.80.128 (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

• Technically yes, admins can be blocked. However they also have the ability to unblock themselves. An admin would need to have their sysop removed before being blocked. Supreme Emperor Holocomm 04:41, 17 September 2021 (UTC)

What does "This user is currently blocked across the Fandom network." mean?[]

Does it mean, this user is banned on all of FANDOM? and how do you block a user on all of FANDOM? --ZOWXTCERYV (talk) 21:08, Oct 20, 2021 (UTC)

As it sounds, such users have been generally blocked in all Fandom projects. Only the highest-ranking users of the Fandom staff can block an account generally in all Fandom. Usually these are trolls whose nicknames or avatars are highly offensive or imply another serious violation of Fandom's policies, such as sockpuppety or hateful behavior on dozens of repeated occasions that demonstrate that that user was not seeking to contribute at all and only annoy other users or vandalize content hosted on Fandom wikis.
Here is an example: https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Coloradofan2020
I hope this clears your doubts. PD: Remember to sign your own messages.Rare Hunter (talk) 21:52, 20 October 2021 (UTC)

I got a question[]

How can I see the block user?—This unsigned comment is by Unicorn.123sl (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

You can view list of blocked users at Special:BlockList on any wiki.--~aanzx ( ©SOAP ) 10:30, 6 April 2022 (UTC)

how to change "this user is currently blocked" on fandom[]

How do I do it? —This unsigned comment is by SunkyQTHybrid1234 (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

That can be done by requesting it via Special:Contact. —Baran ☪︎ 22:31, 11 May 2022 (UTC)

Adjusting "Special:Block" page text[]

Is there anyway to modify or change the top text that sits on the block page for mods/admins (Use the form below to block write access from a specific IP address...)? There appears to be a red link on the "policy" text that I would like to adjust to ensure that it actually links to our policies instead of being dead/nonexistent. Thanks.
-Ventillate { 👤 | 💬 | 🔧 }
14:31, 26 May 2022 (UTC)

You can directly make a redirect to the current policy. It's possible to redirect to the non-existent page. —Baran ☪︎ 18:23, 26 May 2022 (UTC)
Making a redirect to the current policy? How would that work? I don't know what MediaWiki page the block page would link to.
-Ventillate { 👤 | 💬 | 🔧 }
14:37, 27 May 2022 (UTC)
For example, you want to link it like #REDIRECT [[Project:Rules]] on Project:Policy. This makes a valid link to do that. For security reasons, it can't be change unless you want to whitelist the system message by contacting Fandom Staff. —Baran ☪︎ 17:47, 27 May 2022 (UTC)

Can an admin add a Global Block section to the Block page?[]

Your’s truly, ~ToGF~ (talk) 10:54, 23 September 2022 (UTC)

How I Do Text The Reason Messages?[]

I Want To Text Reason Messages! Suhaib Mahdi (talk) 14:32, June 9, 2023 (UTC)

what does #43 mean on blocks?

Misuse of Admin rights[]

All admins on the Apeirophobia Wiki agreed to abuse their rights and exclude me entirely for no good reason! What do I do? Emmitt_Play (talk) 22:43, 16 July 2023 (UTC)

Global block log[]

Why can't we see the reasons of people who got blocked across Fandom? Is there a global block log? PoppyPlaytimeIsBest530 (CC Message Wall)