How do you stop comments on articles?Paulfirmin 22:31, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Currently, you can not prevent comments on one article, but you can stop them on blog posts by unchecking the commenting box when you are editing your blog post. --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 18:45, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
I want to disable comments on article --Saturngod 04:06, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
- If community decides it does not want comments on their article pages, they can be disabled by staff by sending an email to Special:contact. Best, --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 18:45, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
If your wiki has talk pages for every article, is it possible to change it to bottom of the page comments?07:16, March 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, you can send a message to Special:Contact and Wikia will give you comments instead of talk pages.
Hello, I want to add a warning message to prevent abuse from people who comment on my wiki. --Vic201401 01:58, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
Comment replies notifications Edit
Probably shouldnt be asking this here, but how do I get notifications of replies to my comments? I connected using FB if thats any help. -- geeneeyes 16:53, August 10, 2011 (UTC)
User talk pages Edit
Enabling comments for a particular namespaceEdit
Is it possible to enable comments for one namespace, but leave it disabled for others? I'm an admin from Anne of Green Gables Wiki and the general consensus is that we much prefer talk pages to article comments (though we have message walls enabled). But I noticed that blog posts have comments instead of talk pages. Is there a way to enable comments for a particular namespace but leave talk pages on the rest? *Ginny*leave a message 02:28, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, Comments can be enabled for specific namespaces by Wikia staff. Please write in to Special:Contact with the details of your request. It's good to have community consensus about this type of change, of course.
- --BertH (help forum | blog) 18:19, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
How to reply to a reply?Edit
My main page doesn't have a comments section, how do I add one?
Advertising on this Site Sucks Edit
Too many advertisings on this site...loads the computers down and insults our capabilities to get information. Just saying...enuf is enuf! Stop being greedy or no one will come!
- Advertisements pay for Wikia to exist. But this isn't a suggestion for improvement to the "Help:Comments" article, so it's a concern better voiced on the forum. Thisismyrofl (talk) 04:44, September 14, 2013 (UTC)
Only allowing registered users to comment Edit
Editing comments Edit
- You can edit your own article/blog comment usually by hovering over it (in the comments section) then a small "edit" icon will appear with a pencil next to it. Click the edit text. – Ozuzanna 16:50, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
Help, i can't comment!!! When i scroll down to the comments section i see no box and just a message that says "Please log in to post a comment on this wiki.".
What do i do? I seen people who didn't have an account comment before!!! So how can i comment?!!! 188.8.131.52 19:28, April 17, 2017 (UTC)
- One of the Admins or Bureucrats should put off the Anonymus Edits.--CavaX 19:31, April 17, 2017 (UTC)
Enabling replies on dpl forums? Edit
I'm trying to format my wiki-style forums so that the thread pages include reply boxes. Is it possible to add comment boxes & functions to these pages through a template or something? KyuKyu (talk) 00:09, April 29, 2017 (UTC)
It would be nice to have a button to be able to flag a comment to be reviewed by a moderator, with possibly a textbox to specify what's the problem, if not obvious. Aylatan (talk) 10:03, June 6, 2017 (UTC)
How can you add comments when you're on the phone?Edit
I remembered the time when I saw someone comment that they should delete the unessesary page, but they can't edit when they're on their phone.
So, if they can comment with their phone, then WHY CAN'T I FIND OUT HOW TO ADD COMMENT WHEN USING THEIR PHONE?!??!!! I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!! DX
- Hey - right now the only way to comment on your phone is to use the browser's "Show desktop site" - you'll be able to edit and delete comments via that. talk 07:06, June 18, 2017 (UTC)