Uberfuzzy behavior Edit
Why was a link to an alternate dump-creating tool removed by Uberfuzzy without any explanations (even no edit comment)? Is this because Wikia doesn't actually want people to be able to make dumps? Your Special:Statistics dumps are often out of date for months, and they do not include images and logs. >MediaWikiDumper 17:51, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
- the above conversation is regarding the below removed edit:
- I add it here to discuss per Xd1358's advice :
- "You may not modify an official help page. You should try leaving a message on the talk page, asking if you can add it. IMHO, that is not abuse of power."
- This staff member has made a much more drastic change "without any explanations" last month, merging 233 help pages then protecting the pages. Anno1404 14:56, November 3, 2010 (UTC)
Updating dump Edit
- It's supposed to be on Special:Statistics. Which wiki are you referring to? -- Cube-shaped garbage can 13:43, January 24, 2017 (UTC)
- It is back now... although also is the bug that doesn't let you download COMPLETE dumps of large wikias. I think they will never fix that Lady Noe (talk) 20:52, January 26, 2017 (UTC)
- The "update dump" button is only available to logged-in, confirmed users. Perhaps you were logged out when it wasn't there? The bug causing incomplete dump files is known, but yes, it's sadly taking quite a while to be fixed. Mira Laime (help forum | blog) 21:50, January 26, 2017 (UTC)
Hi, I have a quick question: Why was the dump request button removed? Now only administrators can request dumps, that is very inconvenient! —This unsigned comment is by JPwiki123 (wall • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Unfortunately, the previous setup resulted in the server queue getting completely overloaded (a couple of accounts requested thousands of dumps), which prevented anyone from getting their dumps. Restricting it to admins is a fairly simple way of preventing future abuse of the feature. The support team are quite happy to click the button when an admin is not available - just use Special:Contact/general to ask. 14:12, May 20, 2017 (UTC)