Got a question about this topic?
- It looks like it was never uploaded. Some of these rewrites were pulled in from other testbed/holding wikis, and its possible that some images were forgotten to be re-uploaded here. I'll ask sarah about it. --Uberfuzzy 22:30, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
Deleting categories Edit
There's no explanation for deleting categories, and also I have found no way of doing so yet. (Chadias 18:48, July 22, 2011 (UTC))
- I do not understand the issue. For me, I just go to the pulldown next to Edit and there it is: delete. From that point on it looks like it is pretty standard. But, you will still have to remove the category from each and every page that is categorizing to it. That would require a bot, the AutoWiki Browser, or one-by-one manual effort. — SpikeToronto 19:10, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
- I believe the issue here is that the category does not exist in the first place. Yes, it is blue linked on pages, but without any actual page content the category does not exist and can't be deleted. It's for this reason that most people opposed the idea of bluelinking categories.
- No longer having red linked categories is driving me nuts! Yes, it looks nice, but I cannot tell which ones need to be created and which ones do not. Also, it creates the illusion that every category is populated. And yes I know that there are Special: pages for these two things, but it’s knowing at a glance that a category needs to be created that is helpful. Also, a red link is often one’s first indication that one has made a mistake in entering the category name. Now we no longer have that check. — SpikeToronto 03:26, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
- It is as Monchoman45 suspected: The category you want to delete does not actually exist. Up until recently, it would have displayed, on those pages that would populate it were it to exist, as a red link. You do not have the Delete option because the page does not exist. The clue is where it says
This page needs content. You can help by adding a sentence or a photoThis is part of the software. Hope that helps! — SpikeToronto 22:58, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you very much! I'm very new to this... Sorry for the trouble.
- It would be nice to add it to the deletion page though, to make it clearer. I think I can do that, not sure... I will try. Chadias 23:25, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
Selective restores Edit
I found out recently that if you restore a deleted page, you can select which revisions to be brought back. It might be useful to point this out so that if someone wanted to more permanently get rid of vandalism in a page, they could delete it, then restore the good versions. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 23:56, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
There is NO delete function and the edit button doesn't have a delete function!
You, CAMERAPEDIA, know that and don't fix it, why?
Why is it impossible to delete a personal picture?
Extra Steps Edit
Besides deleting a page, an admin should also keep the following in mind:
- Check the page history, previous revisions may be worthy of keeping.
- Special:WhatLinksHere to check if there are any pages that link to the deletion candidate.
- Talk pages, if any were created these should be removed alongside with the main page.
No Delete Edit
I try to delete a page as you told me, but the "delete" was no on the list
Disabled account Edit
Hi, I don't know if I am allowed to write here, or if this topic belongs here, but I have a big problem. I already disabled my account called Jammer484493, but I want to know if all my comments are deleted, because I am getting so many Jam-a-Grams asking and asking for everything that I have typed in that account. If you can delete ALL my comments from Jammer484493 somehow, that would be really great. If not, really sorry that I bothered you guys.
- I have no idea what a jam-a-gram is, but to answer your question: when your account is disabled, all edits remain. The account and its edits are still there, it just can't be accessed any more. --Tupka217 17:15, January 31, 2015 (UTC)
- You can read more about account closure here: Help:Closing an account. If you need comments deleted, I suggest either asking an admin on your wikia, or send in a Special:Contact request for Wikia's community team to look into it. 15:30, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
I was wondering if an admin could close my account. It's just I don't use Wikia that much and if that's the case, what's the point in me having a account that I don't use? I hope the Wikia community understands this.