Got a question about this topic?
Help About EditingEdit
I'm sorry if this is not where it should go, but on a certain page, I try editing it, and after I publish it, it doesn't show any of my edits. I have a feeling its something wrong with my account, because the same problem happened on various computers. Another thing worth noting, it says I edited in the recent changes. Beecanoe 20:20, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
SOMEONE BLOCKED GUEST contributers from helping editing on Dragonball Wiki please respond!!! (VIV22)
Monaco 3.1 updateEdit
Need updated monaco 3.1 images --Uberfuzzy 23:12, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- I've added a couple of links to the Help:New editor page - thanks for pointing that out. Kirkburn (talk) 16:41, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
Screenshots are now out of date considering the new editor design. --BBilge 17:56, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- Note that's why I'd only updated the first two at first ;) I'll sort out the others shortly. Kirkburn (talk) 22:09, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
New transcluded help pages Edit
Can these be made collapsible when embedded in wikis existing help pages, as looks confusing with two lots of info on one page, possibly a user option for registered users ? - BulldozerD11 18:34, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
- This is an option we are looking. However, before that, we'll be switching the order - local content will appear first. Should happen next week. Kirkburn (talk) 19:20, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, that will be better as any Wikia site specific stuff will then appear first, for the few were I had wrote stuff. Think in some places I copied the central versions. but can now remove/reduce to site relevant material them when I find them. - BulldozerD11 21:40, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
Links Causing Problems on Subdomains Edit
When this page is displayed on another subdomain wiki (e.g. see NWN2wiki), the internal links usually link you incorrectly to non-existent pages in the subdomain, but, weirdly, sometimes they properly link you to www.wikia.com. Look at the links section in my link (and click browser Refresh a few times) to see what I mean. --Cornishgamehen 15:10, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
Article Name Change Edit
How do you change the name of an article? There isn't any information about it. --RadicalEdward2 23:02, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
if you dont allow anonymous edits your intro/edit page should not say you can make edits without logging in.
One of the biggest problems with the Rich Text Editor are new users who remove special tags (like
<ref></ref>) and templates. There needs to be a warning in this article (and Help:Rich text editor) not remove them. I've experienced several RTE users rewriting parts of articles and just willy nilly removing any special tags or templates they encounter. VERY BAD.
Here is my suggestion:
== Be careful == If you see little green puzzle pieces (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100114131827/help/images/1/18/CKEditor-image25.png), please don't remove them. If don't like what they do when you preview your changes, try asking an experienced editor to change or remove them.
Refer to Manual of Style Edit
I think that the Help:Editing page should refer to the wiki's personal manual of style, for obvious reasons. I've encountered many users who just start creating or editing pages that are so completely contrary to the parameters set in the Manual of Style that it's easier to just delete the terrible (no offense to them) pages they made (or undo their edits) and start over from scratch.
Just a short sentence somewhere about making edits that correspond with the manual of style's parameters and a link to the manual of style would be awesome! Matortheeternal 15:44, December 13, 2010 (UTC)
Cover picture Edit
I am a little unsure on how to insert a picture for the cover. When I tried it on "Wolverine Vol 4 10", I ended up with two copies of the picture. If someone could fix my mistake and/or explain how to do it correctly that would be much appreciated. Thank you!Wolverine and Phoenix 20:04, April 1, 2011 (UTC)
where's the not-GUI help? Edit
Where's the help for editing using wikitext instead of the WYSIWYG editor? The WYSIWYG editor is easier for new users, but new users eventually become experienced users, and the WYSIWYG editor is not better for all users. --Mozai 15:37, May 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Help:Wikitext is all you'll find. And you're absolutely right - the RTE is not for experienced users. Wikia tends to cater to the new users, however.
- Tjcool, when I said "where is the help..." that was a rhetorical question. Let me rephrase the first sentence: "I believe there should be help for editing pages using wikitext among the help documents provided by Wikia, whereas currently there is only help for the WYSIWYG editor." Furthermore, the links you provided are not Wikia, but two other services using similar software. It would be poor form if I opened the glove compartment of my Honda Civic, and found a note saying "go read the Honda Accura manual for how to change the oil filter," even if the parts are identical between models. --Mozai 18:15, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Wikia disagrees. Their stance is that these help pages should only have information specific to Wikia, and that it shouldn't be too technical. If you'd like, you can take it up with them via Special:Contact, but I don't think it's a battle worth fighting.
- The help pages for both the normal, and the RTE are due to be rewritten/reimageed once the new editor version goes live on the whole site in a few weeks. --Uberfuzzy 06:38, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
Maybe a new image is needed Edit
Rich Text isn't replaced (yet), but the "Save" button has been changed to "Publish Post." Everything else has stayed the same though. :)
A1130 20:44, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
(The following was repeated numerous times in this location (and was unsigned). I left one copy here, in case it's something admin wanted to see? Deadguy71 (Talk) (Gunshine Bureaucrat/Admin) 17:40, November 12, 2011 (UTC))
I think that http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Christopher_Kent_(Earth-16) should be changed from Christopher Kent (Earth-16) to Christopher Kent (Earth-16B) because Earth-16 is now the name of the universe that the Young Justice TV series takes place on which is currently more used by DC Comics and is more known.
Editing the Editor? Edit
Is there a way to adjust the default WYSIWYG editor to permit other Templates to appear there?
I have a few templates used excessively through the site, but it's somewhat awkward for a user to add them without being fully familiar with their names. Currently, the Templates shown are: "Infobox", "Welcome", "WelcomeIP" and "Delete". I'd like to change them to our more commonly used ones, if possible. If nothing else, those supplied templates aren't really appropriate for new folks anyways.
Also, the "add other templates" link shows a list of templates that don't seem appropriate to the common usage of our Wikia either (Gunshine Wikia).. Any way to change these defaults? Thanks for your time Deadguy71 (Talk) (Gunshine Bureaucrat/Admin) 17:36, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Font in Source EditorEdit
I'm a Mac user, and when I edit in source, which I prefer to do, I used to get the neat 12 pt. Courier font. With the new editor, I now get 14 point Monaco. It's big, clunky, hard to read, and dated as well as being totally dysfunctional. Is there any way the font can be changed back to Courier, or to something sans-serif like Arial or Helvetia, such as we get in the WYSIWYG editor? LeverageGuru 10:00, November 13, 2011 (UTC)
On http://starcraftfanfiction.wikia.com there is no way to remove a category after it is added that I can see... Please add a way to do this, or if there is a way, make it more accessible to those looking for it such as myself.
Thank you --Patriarch Darr 00:31, November 14, 2011 (UTC)
Something that needs to be added to the Busoshoku haki section of Edward Newgate Edit
Furthermore he was successfully able to cut Marshall D. Teach (who possesses a Logia devil fruit) with his Bisento.
This video will show you how to edit pages.
How do I add my article to article listing if my article is bocked.SethDaigle 22:23, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I dont know how to add or change the on the wiki thingThomasli 08:05, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
How do you create a template? DonaldDouglasandToby6 01:10, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
how do you make a voting page Darthrevan23 21:56, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
Gramatical Error Edit
- Visual Mode: This is mode is generally the default and allows you to make edits that will appear exactly as they will on the published page.
With regards to the underlined bit, shouldn't it be "This mode is..."?
This is a very difficult site to navigate. Can't figure it out and even help pages don't lead you directly where you want to go. Just telling you. I am new to this site, but I am new to most sites and haven't had this much problem navigating any sites in years.Doribischmann 21:46, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
How do we publish the edits on this? User:Jackninja5
Why can i not edit the wiki navigation when i am the founder of the wiki i made? i go to edit wiki navigation and it dosn't say publish beside preview where it usually does. can anyone help me out i would really appreciate it?
- You have to preview it before the publish button becomes visible. ~ty 15:23, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
Section names Edit
How come transcluding this page onto other wikias doubles the sections' titles? Is it due to the "edit" link that isn't allowed there, but is somehow replaced with a repetition of the text before it? -- Napoleon 9th (talk) 06:33, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
Duplicated headings Edit
The headings seem to appear twice on at least the Tekkit Wiki where they should appear once. Dunno why.
Salamander dragon and coral Edit
How to breed the salamander and coral and put it on this page for heavens sake
I want to edit wikias so badly that I want the wikia creators to remove those stupid view sources, and let people edit them.
It's easy to join! Click here, and then come to DragonVale Wiki to talk about breeding Salamender and Coral dragons. (They stopped IPs froms commenting and editing because most of them were under-aged.)
Happiness is golden. Edit
The professor Layton wiki 's happiness article is blank and I can't edit it. I recommend:
Happiness is a mechanic in professor Layton little London. It is used to unlock new things and move up in life. It is earned through completing jobs and requests.
I know it is a bit of a stub, but it's better than nothing.
P.S., I am a bit of a newbie at this stuff, so let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.184.108.40.206 07:01, October 22, 2013 (UTC)
This help page updated to reflect IE11 issues Edit
== IPs can't edit
Why can't IPs edit?Edit
220.127.116.11 17:18, December 30, 2013 (UTC)
Help! Got hit by spam! Edit
The editing help has been replaced by an ad for legal aid for landlords!
I would like to add a Military Conflict Infobox to my wikia and I'm currently being stopped from doing this. My Wikia needs this box. Here is the Wiki code for this style of infobox.
- I've commented out the template code, since it doesn't need to display here. This may be better asked about on the Special:Forum. It sounds like the template needs to actually be created on your wiki - in which case Help:Templates and Help:Infobox may be helpful. If you feel you are running into a specific bug, please let us know at Special:Contact. 20:23, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
How to unfollow this page Edit
How do I unfollow this page? I had made an edit to it and now I'm getting notified anytime anyone changes this page, yet it's not listed in my list of followed pages. Jrr7 (talk) 16:25, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
- On your user page, go to the fifth tab, "following", look for the page, and click the x in front of it. --Tupka217 16:34, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
- If there's no "Follow" link at the bottom of the page, then either you are not logged in, have hidden the toolbar, or are on a page that doesn't support following. Without a screenshot it is hard to tell which it might be - if you're still having problems with this, please send a message to Special:Contact. 13:05, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, is there a way to deactivate the virtual editor? People on the FHSW Wikia doesn't like it!
Fritz Kempf 180px 10:47, November 15, 2014 (UTC)