Community Central
Community Central
Information icon 40px
Got a question about this topic?
Head on over to the Discussions!

Omitting Headings in the TOC

Here is a good question for all of you people who know wiki syntax. How do I omit a heading from being viewed in the toc table view like a page title in the H2 brackets at the top from being listed?

Seanmallonnyc 07:14, January 10, 2010 (UTC)

Unfortunately, according to [1] it does not appear to be possible without an extension (which Wikia does not have). Kirkburn (talk) 10:38, January 13, 2010 (UTC)

Bulleted lists

I'm trying to add a bulleted list to an article. Unfortunately, the wikia help article only half helps, since when I am loggin in I do not get an icon for a bulleted list in the toolbar!

Why do you get a different editing toolbar when you are logged in than when you are not logged in?

Hello, you may be on a wiki that does not use the Rich Text Editor. If that is the case, you need to us a * at the beginning of each sentence to create a bulleted list. You can learn more about using wiki text on this help page. You can also send a request at Special:contact to have the RTE turned on for that wiki (and make sure it is enabled in your preferences). Best, --Sarah (help forum | blog) 17:04, July 2, 2010 (UTC)

I agree with the person who had problems with the Bulleted list. This is not about the wiki format. If I am signed in, I do not get the nice neat formatting bar that this article shows. If I am NOT signed in, I do. This discourages people from signing in, which is a problem if you want to track who is doing the editing!

The bulleted list button does appear in the Rich Test editor, but not in the wiki text editor. Once the wiki test editing page is updated we can link to it here, but these pages don't include both since that makes the page much longer and confusing for new users (who mostly use the RTE editor). --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 18:47, November 15, 2010 (UTC)

Link to wikia code syntax page

I am looking for the syntax of wikia when editing in code mode, for hours now. It seems or inexistant or impossible to find, no link anywhere, not in edit page nor in this help page about formatting.

Source Button

Where can I find information about the "Source" button? It should be in here, shouldn't it? Ruffy 13:34, March 15, 2011 (UTC)

Rainbow Text??

I seriously don't know how to change the color of the words I type... --<3 *_* 0.0 [[User: R1L3S|]] ([[User talk:R1L3S|talk]]) 01:48, October 15, 2011 (UTC)

You use the <span style="color: color;"> text </span> tags to change the color.

<span style="color: red;"> Red </span> to produce Red
<span style="color: orange;"> Orange </span> to produce Orange
<span style="color: yellow;"> Yellow </span> to produce Yellow
<span style="color: green;"> Green</span> to produce Green
<span style="color: blue;"> Blue </span> to produce Blue
<span style="color: indigo;"> Indigo</span> to produce Indigo
<span style="color: violet;"> Violet</span> to produce Violet

You can use RGB (HEX) codes as well

<span style="color: #B03060;"> Maroon </span> to produce Maroon

You can use these same techniques to change the background codes as well

<span style="background: red;"> Red </span> to produce Red
<span style="background: #B03060;"> Maroon </span> to produce Maroon

You can use color and background together

<span style="background: red; color: black;">Mix</span><span style="background: black; color: red;">ed</span> to produce Mixed

Look here for a list of colors with their RGB (HEX) codes

Note:
Span tags only work on a small area, < br /> codes will stop the span formatting. If you want the special changes to cover several lines or the entire page you need to use div instead of span, as they use the same attributes.

-- (<span=help title="Morph">M o r p h | <span=help title="See what Morph has Contributed to Wikia Central">C | <span=help title="Morph's Discussion Page">T) <span=help title="Morph has made Special:Editcount/Jrooksjr Contribution(s) to Wikia Central" style="font-size:70%; font-weight:bold; background:#FAE0AE; color:black;">[[Special:Editcount/Jrooksjr|Special:Editcount/Jrooksjr]] contributions and counting. 03:04, October 15, 2011 (UTC)

Heading sizes

Is there some way to increase the size of sub headings? It's pretty annoying having sub headings smaller than the main body of text.--Soul reaper (talk) 06:57, January 17, 2014 (UTC)