Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Got a question about this topic?
The <p> tag Edit
Hey fellow wikians! Anyone have any idea why it seems to be hit and miss with the system’s processing of the
<p> tag? It either does not process it at all, or it will process the first occurrence, but no others. By the way, the wiki I am having the problem with is Admin Tools Wiki. Thanks! — SpikeToronto 06:22, March 2, 2011 (UTC)
The <small> tagEdit
Does anyone know why the <small> HTML tag is no longer working? We use it extensively on the CIRCLEpedia, as well as on the HeroFactoPedia where I also help out and, although I do have an alternate coding solution if this issue can't be resolved, we would very much like any help anyone can offer to get it fixed without having to redo minor coding on hundreds of articles. --Åusår (Talk) 02:23, April 15, 2011 (UTC)
- It’s still working on our wiki. I just did a test to be sure. This means that it is not a system-wide issue. The only thing I can suggest is to try Special:Contact at your wiki and enquire from a staff member. If you do get the problem resolved, would you be so kind as to report back here? Thanks! — SpikeToronto 05:24, April 15, 2011 (UTC)
The "br /" tag Edit
I believe the tag "br /" was intended to be "br"
Balaan 00:13, November 16, 2011 (UTC)
- It's a self-contained tag, so it's supposed to have the / in it to show that it is closed, even those browsers support it without the /. Thus it was showed how it should be used on a page. ZamorakO o (talk) 03:01, November 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay thanks, I'm new to using HTML and wikitext :) . The reason I thought it might be off is that on this page http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:HTML_in_wikitext , it's shown as just "br", without the /. Balaan 23:03, November 17, 2011 (UTC)
W3C's XHTML standard requires all self-contained tags, even
<br> to be closed under all circumstances. Though this is not an issue in HTML, the closure is also recommended here to ensure that any centralized code changes or future standard updates would not affect the tag.—TK-999 20:35, November 18, 2011 (UTC)
The "iframe" tag Edit
HTML version Edit
- As I understand it, Wikia is generally HTML5 (
<!DOCTYPE html>) - but that does not mean it can be used in article contents. Similar to how wikitext is turned into HTML, HTML in articles is also converted into (slightly different) HTML.
- Are there specific issues that you come across? 18:47, August 4, 2016 (UTC)