Got a question about this topic?
Interwiki requests Edit
Multilingual Wikia Edit
I have created two articles on religion-wiki:
How can i connect them? --Stud 2gym 09:03, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
- If interwiki links are not yet enabled between the two, you can request this on w:Project:Interwiki requests. This help page (Interlanguage links) should provide you with some info about how to use these. The 888th Avatar (talk) 09:56, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
Is there a bot that could be used to automatically add interlanguage links to other linked wikis? For example if Article A in French has links to German and English equivalents, then the bot would add German and French to the English wiki (and French and English to the German one). --xensyriaT 19:58, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Not directly. The reasoning is because of the different languages themselves. Example: You want to make a wiki about Lights (in English) but in Spanish it would be called Luz (Spanish for light) an not be called Lights. So bots would not be effective if the Spanish creators used the Spanish names for the English words.
- The bot would work on Games such as " World of Warcraft " as it is called this name in all languages.
- -- (M o r p h | C | T) 524 contributions and counting. 21:56, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Surely it could take the interlanguage article titles from other linked wikis... so if you enter all the interlanguage links to the English language article, then the bot would go to each of the foreign language articles linked to and add the same list of interlanguage links, but removing the link to the language of the wiki it's adding to and adding English (where it got the list from). This would save you having to edit each wiki yourself, and I'm sure would also find quite a few examples where people have only added one way interlanguage links. --xensyriaT 22:11, July 7, 2012 (UTC) EDIT: 22:12, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, a bot could start at the English site and then go to the foreign language site and add [[en:_Page name_]] to that foreign site so that it will link back to the English site. This will work because it has a link to follow and does not have to try to FIGURE out the foreign site's name. -- (M o r p h | C | T) 524 contributions and counting. 22:29, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
Suggestion to documentationEdit
- Suggest to add example to link to wikidata and wikitionary (to english or to other language version)c933103 (talk) 06:03, November 12, 2013 (UTC)
Is there any way to use something similar to interlanguage links, but for images? For example, if an image has been uploaded to the English version of a wiki, can the Spanish version of that wiki use it? Or does every language of a wiki have to upload their own images? Anothersphynx (AKA hairlessbear) (talk) 03:04, July 7, 2015 (UTC)
Is that even possible? Using e.g. [[en:Escape Pod]] on the Russian wiki only results in a "page that has not yet been created".
How can one fix this?