Got a question about this topic?
Are there any advantages to using this over just providing an external link to another wiki on Wikia? Darkman 4 22:43, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
- URL links can be block due to spam, and interwiki are shorter if you want to save bits of bytes --Cizagna (Talk) Central Dofus 00:03, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
Interwiki requests Edit
Redirects that won't work Edit
A few minutes ago, I tried to redirect a redlink on the iCarly Wikia Episode Guide to the Victorious Wikia, but I would up on a Wikia page I didn't want to be on. I can't even display the pages on this message board. I had no problem interwikilinking until tonight. Can somebody fix this for me? ----DanTD 00:47, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
Change suggestions Edit
- "Interwiki links are shortcuts that prevents you needing to use the full URL," because "shortcuts" is a plural, the following verb should be singular ("prevent") so it would change as follows "Interwiki links are shortcuts that prevent you needing to use the full URL," or probably better, using a different article to change the mode: "Interwiki links are shortcuts which prevent the need to use the full URL," I'm not really good at explaining English rules/grammar and stuff but to me the proposition sounds more natural.
- "So for example if you wanted to link to the Jedi page on Wookiepedia, you would use w:c:Starwars:Jedi." The correct spelling is "Wookieepedia" (two "e"s before the "p")
- Done, but it's a wiki, you can as well fix it as you see fit. The admins/staff will intervene if it gets out of hands. –Dunnoob (talk) 05:27, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Ahh okay. On the wiki I got here from it says something along the lines of "suggest changes here" and provides a link to this page so I assumed that's what we were supposed to do. Thanks! —User:Jak Himself (talk) 17:19, March 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, I'll clarify about that: it's best not to overhaul the entire Help page (which is transcluded on thousands of wikis, mind you!) without having a discussion first, hence the "suggest changes here", but nobody's gonna yell at you for fixing an itty grammar error. Thisismyrofl (talk) 18:36, March 5, 2014 (UTC)