Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If you would like to suggest any changes to Wikia Help pages, please use the related discussion pages!
If you have a general question about Wikia, please visit the Central Forums.
What do i do if i want to change a wikia's logo (i am the admin on one) --Maverick King 14:58, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
There's something wrong about the layout of this page as seen through IE7 :
- It does the same in the monobook skin. Still not corrected by the way. — TulipVorlax 01:12, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
- I couldn't get it to work with the image background, so I've changed it to a simpler square. It's not as pretty, but it should work on all browsers. -- sannse (talk) 20:34, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
- thanks for fixing the layout, was broke in Firefox 3 as well, much better now. xyrth 23:28, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
Hi! I wanted to change the logo for the Bollywoodpedia (http://bollywood.wikia.com/) as well as write a number of articles. There seems to be no activity on the wikia and there is no one I can ask to change the logo or help with editing the article. Before I get word out about this wikia, I would like to see a different logo as opposed to the standard wikia logo and more article additions. Is there a way I could be changed to an administrator level for this wikia in particular? I really see big things happening for it! (Keep in mind, I had already asked on the Help page regarding Logos) Thank You, BlackPearl14Pirate Lord-ess of the Caribbean 21:25, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, that's no problem, I've made you an admin there. It's generally best to contact Wikia stff via Special:Contact, we don't watch all pages and might miss questions here. Or you can directly contact the community team on their talk pages. To get help from the community, try the Central Forums or the IRC channel. I'll leave this info on your talk page too :) -- sannse (talk) 17:39, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
French version Edit
- Yes, it is planned, but no ETA atm. A lot depends on the status of the individual language help wikis. Kirkburn (talk) 17:33, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
Monaco Sidebar not changingEdit
I've saved and re-saved various times, refreshed and even purged with ?action=purge the mainpage, but still the changes i make to Mediawiki:Monaco_sidebar doesn't appear on the sidebar it self, even though the page now reorts the correct list. What should I do? OriginalBBB
- Wait a few minutes - perhaps up to an hour. It could be cached. If it's not changing after that, I recommend contacting us. Kirkburn (talk) 11:29, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
It's over 40 hours now
Short time wiki Edit
I'd like a, possibly shorttime, wiki, where anonymous users are allowed to make edits, although not necessarily create new pages. Like for example to prepare a meeting, with people that you otherwise only have contact with via email.
People are reluctant to make edits if they are forced to create accounts, that is why it has to allow anonymous edits. After all the ip-numbers are logged so it is not impossible to trace people if something criminal is taking place. And of course, the one who creates the wiki, could agree to create an account.
Does wikia plan to support such wikis or do you know any other wikifarms that do? 184.108.40.206 20:55, 20 January 2009 (UTC)