Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Got a question about this topic?
There is a broken link on this page. You should change Wikipedia:Main Page featured article protection to Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Main Page featured article protection. 184.108.40.206 15:03, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
Hiding main page title Edit
The instructions for hiding the main page title are apparently outdated and does not work -User452 23:19, May 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Thread:626256 I'm not sure if this info should go on the help page because it's Monobook specific. --Jade RavenMEMORY•THOUGHT 23:28, February 10, 2014 (UTC)
diction and semantic PoV conflict Edit
- If you feel the one word changing edit is mandatory in your point of view, then go ahead and revert my revert. Personally I have better things to do than argue near-synonyms, especially just one word edits. –Ozuzanna (wall) 14:21, November 16, 2014 (UTC)
- I like nice as it was or is, but if you prefer a formal style using good ignore my unsubstantiated DEnglish gut. And explain your convoluted reasons here, where folks will find it if they care in some years. –Dunnoob (talk) 04:50, November 17, 2014 (UTC)
- I have no problem with "nice" either - the only reason given is its not-so-friendly etymology. However, over the centuries, that negative connotation has lost, and if we're whitewashing the use of words, this is hardly the worst offender. But as Ozu said, if you want it so badly, it's not worth the trouble. --Tupka217 08:26, November 17, 2014 (UTC)
Changing the Link to the Main PageEdit
Hi, I have my Wikia set to Nynorsk, and when I click the main banner, it keeps directing me to the page name Main Page while the main page is located at Hovudside.HarmonicaPony (talk) 14:29, August 9, 2015 (UTC)
You can change that here: http://nn.opplandsordboka.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Mainpage Just change "Main page" to whatever the name of your main page is. 15:35, August 9, 2015 (UTC)
Edit Mobile Main Page (?) Edit
Main pages now carry the invitation "Edit Mobile Main Page" but with no indication of how any text can be added to such a main page. Why is there no Help:Edit Mobile Main Page or similar? -- Robin Patterson (Talk) 05:07, December 10, 2015 (UTC)
- See Help:Curated Main Page. -- 07:02, December 10, 2015 (UTC)