/* Unblock My User Page */ Edit
Unblock My User Page
- Please unblock my page. SpikeToronto wants to extend it to 1 year. Someone please unblock me so that I can edit along with my best friend Pikachufreak.
- Can someone please unblock me.RedLegend1 Is infinite please can someone help Yin Yang Star (talk) 03:44, July 3, 2015 (UTC)
- It will be better if you contact a local admin/contact Wikia --Echoblast53 (talk | contributions | chat) 22:08, April 17, 2013 (UTC)
- What I have found is that after you remove a message, if you reload the page, the message shows back up again with the removal notice at the top. The menu will now have a Delete option for a more permanent removal. However, it's not a real deletion of the message. It's more like a better method of hiding the message than just removing it.
- I found this out because I went through the removal/delete process on some messages where I had put in the Delete template. When I checked the What Links Here for it, those message wall messages still showed up in the report and they're still in the user's contributions list rather than their deleted contributions. But if you go to those messages, you're told they have been deleted.
- In order to break the connection between the "deleted" message wall messages and any other templates or pages, you have to use the View/Restore button to show the entire message. Then you can edit the message or reply to remove the link or template. Once you click on Save, verify it's gone, then exit out of the message without actually restoring it. Then the message wall message will be as deleted as we can get at this time. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 16:43, July 12, 2014 (UTC)
Wikipedia Flow Edit
Random chat Edit
Hello, a user by the name of SuperSajuuk (on a certain wiki) has forbade everyone to delete messages on their Message Walls, without any consensus or validation that it's even remotely a rule we should follow. He even threatened to ban me (as I was "disruptive" in his words). How should I go about this?--Princess Hibana (talk) 13:31, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
Message Wall not working on some Wikias Edit
It does not function in some Wikia such as the Villains Wiki. JohnnyD-the-VGNerd 21:35, April 6, 2016 (UTC)
- The message walls have to be enabled. Plenty of wikis prefer the old user talk pages. --Tupka217 21:55, April 6, 2016 (UTC)
Certain User-groups and Removing messagesEdit
I've recently noticed some removed messages on my message wall. But even though they aren't deleted, I wouldn't be able to restore them if I tried. I've been reading up on the page about message walls, but I can't find any explanation as to why I wouldn't be able to restore certain messages if I tried.
I've just discovered that with message walls, users apparently can't restore messages that were removed by an administrator or discussion moderator. I tested this on my bot account, revoking their discussion moderator rights, and having them leave a message on their own message wall. And then using my main account, I removed the message from their message wall, and I checked, and my bot account was unable to restore it.
I reinstated my bot's discussion moderator rights, and checked again. This time my bot was able to restore the message they left on their message wall. So it seems that any user can restore any message that another user (without administrator or discussion moderator rights) left for them on their message wall. And if another user leaves a message on their message wall, and the user decides to remove it from their message wall, the user that left them the message will be able to restore it.
But it seems that if an administrator or discussion moderator (both user groups can remove and restore any messages posted by any user) removes a message from another user's message wall, they will be unable to restore it, despite being left on "their" message wall, and not someone else's. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 11:39, July 31, 2016 (UTC)