This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Help:Multiple uploads article.
Can we edit this number of images to upload?Edit
Can we change the number from 10 to more? Thank you. Anno1404 03:25, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
- No, sorry. This cant be changed. --Uberfuzzy 17:53, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
Is it possible to delete multiple files? If not, it's a suggestion.
02:13, September 17, 2011 (UTC)
Functional Enhancements Edit
I was wondering, would it at all be possible to make two changes to this form?
- Next to each Source Filename's "Browse" button add a Clear button to remove that entry. I have found that once you add a file it is difficult to remove it from one of the 10 slots; trying to get to the local-path form field always pops open the File System's open file dialog box so I cannot clear it out. Actually I find it is easier to reload the page and then try to find the other files that I had just tried to add. The clear button should empty/reset the Source Filename and Destination Filename entries for that specific group.
- Next to each Source Filename section, or under each one, if that file name has been detected as already existing, display a warning message in that vicinity. The message should probably be displayed immediately under that entry and have it displayed in a prominent type face and style so it stands out. Allow this warning to be displayed on ALL filenames that are in duplication.
- Currently only the last duplicate file name is displayed as being a duplicate.
- Currently you have to do significant scrolling down to check to see if a filename has been duplicated, then scroll back up again. This is time consuming and tedious at times.
- Bonus: To make this form more visually appealing and less prone to error, provide a little more of a separation between the 10 groupings. When many of the file names are very similar, the distinction between the Source Filename and the Destination Filename becomes a little more of a challenge. I think just a little extra space between the 10 groupings would improve the readability greatly.