Got a question about this topic?
Hello, I am trying to add pictures to a wiki page but when I click the add image button on the toolbar a blank square pops up and nothing ever loads. Can someone please help
a1130: I need help adding pictures to an article--- for some reason, the popup won't let me go to the next page.
"To start click edit on the article you want to add an image too." should read "To start click edit on the article you want to add an image to." LuceV 23:37, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
Umm...a link to more easily "red" names? Isn't this a pretty obvious typo?
How can I insert an image from an already existing URL? jgleschinski 04:27, October 28, 2011 (UTC)
- You mean a photo thats already been uploaded to the wiki? Sarah (help forum | blog) 16:01, October 28, 2011 (UTC)
New procedure for images from Commons - InstantCommons Edit
Wikimedia Commons has a new procedure, an alternative to downloading, requiring an edit to a php file. See http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/InstantCommons#Configuration.
Apparently, Familypedia already uses it. Can ordinary Wikia site admins institute it?
- Staff can enable this extension for any wiki upon request. Please send in any requests via Special:Contact. Robin, at this time the extension is not enabled on Familypedia. Let us know if you would like it to be. --BertH
- (help forum | blog) 20:30, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
So can I add photos I intend on adding to other pages later on my home page for the time being? Edit
- I am available to upload pictures onto here but I want to put them onto my home page so they won't be deleted and can be used for several articles later on. Is that okay?Gunman6 (talk) 02:01, July 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for getting back to me but I just realized I somehow got redirected from either the Wire, Transformers, Indiana Jones or Sopranos wikia and ended up creating a page here by accident. You can delete it, I'm not going to use it. Sorry about that.Gunman6 (talk) 18:10, July 9, 2013 (UTC)