- Go to Special:Version on your wiki and make sure you have MediaWiki engine version 1.19 or later. It should look something like below:
Doesn't have it Edit
My wiki doesn't have the promotion. Can you please fix it. user:WiiWare, August 29, 2012, (UTC)
It was CPTB Wiki. It has the 1.16.1 version. WiiWare, 8:49, August 30, 2012, (UTC)
- Well that answers why it doesn't have the Promote feature, doesn't it? The wiki must be upgraded to 1.19.1 version to have the feature.--OdranoellutaTalk✲ 06:15, September 4, 2012 (UTC)
Wiki coding on Promote page Edit
- Hi - I'm sorry to hear that. I this case, it is best to contact staff via Special:Contact/bug and they'll sort it out for you. Be sure to give a detailed explanation of what the issue is so they have something to work with. Good luck! --Spongebob456 (Talk) 07:34, December 13, 2012 (UTC)
Don't know if it's a problem on my part or yours, but I really don't understand what have you done with the promoting of the wiki I'm an admin of, Criminal Minds Wiki.
First, when I check the Promote feature on the wiki, I see approved all the Additional Images - 1, 2 and 3 -, BUT one of them - THIS ONE - has jumped to be the Main Image, while the image I made and submitted as the Main - THIS ONE -, has totally disappeared (was made by me, using the same template I made too for the rest, but superimposing the image we use in our main page where all the actual main characters of the series are shown, a composite I too made by myself).
Second, to add insult to injury, checking Wikia.com, when I finally manage to see my wiki as promoted there, the image I see as Main, is the one Wikia (that's what I want to think!) used as placeholder until we submitted ours... and that image is from the SEASON ONE DVD cover, where 2 actors that left the show years ago appear, and 1 that was made main latter, doesn't show up at all. Criminal Minds is currently airing its season EIGHT!
Please, can someone correct all this madness? Please!! Mvpl 18:50, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Hey there, Mvpl! Sorry, I'm just seeing this now. I'm sorry for any frustration this may have caused as that's a very odd bug. I'll file a report with our technical team for someone to take a look and get it sorted out. Sorry for the delay! ----Trellar (help forum | blog) 18:44, May 7, 2013 (UTC)
Promote does not work Edit
I have MediaWiki 1.19.5 on my wiki (and I'm admin), but when I write ....wiki/special:promote on my wiki, it says that page like that does not exist
- Hello! We currently do not have Promote enabled for Italian wikis as we do not have a main visualization set up for the Italian Hub. Feel free to reach out to the IT Community Helper, Minerva Titani as they may be able to help you get featured on the their main page of Central. ----Trellar (help forum | blog) 18:35, May 7, 2013 (UTC)