Minor spelling error Edit
- Fixed. Feel free to edit it and fix it next time... :) Rappy 00:12, March 6, 2013 (UTC)
I've been trying to adjust the width of the Twitter feeds on my Wiki and manually adding a width parameter to the feed script doesn't seem to be working.
As you can see, all the Twitter feeds on the right have their scrollbars chopped because the widget doesn't honor my 350px width restriction. Is this on Twitter's end or Wikia's end?
Google Plus widget Edit
The same process used for Twitter can be used for Google Plus. Just go here to create the widget, and replace "MediaWiki:TwitterWidget" with "MediaWiki:GooglePlusWidget". The G+ widget creator may take a while to load, then paste the whole code into the page instead of splitting it up like they tell you to.
Facebook plugins will not work after June 23rd, 2015Edit
Facebook has said on their developers section that they are ending support for the plugins on this wikia page. I just wanted to give a warning so someone could update the Facebook sections on this page. I personally do not know how to do the new method, that's why I came here. If someone wants to update it with the new method, I am sure a lot of people would appreciate it. Thank you. Jenilya (talk) 22:33, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, Wikia is looking at how to handle the deprecation/transition, and adding support for the newer integrations that are offered. We'll update the page as things change! Thanks for asking about this. -BertH (help forum | blog) 22:41, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
Twitter widget Edit
- Yes, it should be - we support the height parameter listed on https://dev.twitter.com/web/embedded-timelines/parameters 18:19, December 23, 2015 (UTC)
New Twitter Widget ProcessEdit
I know you guys are aware of the change. The script is pretty basic couldn't we just use it as it's meant to be as an embed code? So in other words I guess my question is, is there an embed tag in the wiki code that can be used in conjunction or a way to parse the code? I've looked at MediaWikis info on twitter and see that this page is based on theirs. Even twitters developers page hasn't been changed to reflect the new process. Guess I'm just thinking it through out loud. Good luck I'll be experimenting on my own and perhaps if enough people try we can come up with a solution.
Twitter Feed Code
<a class="twitter-timeline" data-width="275" data-height="400" data-theme="dark" href="https://twitter.com/LinuxWikia">Tweets by LinuxWikia</a> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
- We're still looking into the best way to support the new method on Wikia. Hopefully we'll have some news to share on that in the coming weeks. 14:30, July 5, 2016 (UTC)
New Twitter TagEdit
Thanks guys, the new Twitter tag works like a charm, appreciate the effort you guys always do to make things work!! Massive Kudos to the team!
Instagram widget Edit
could you guys please make an Instagram widget for us to use on our communities.
- There's a very small chance of a Wikia Staff member viewing this message. You might want to use Special:Contact/general to suggest that. -- Cube-shaped garbage can 06:25, February 9, 2017 (UTC)
Will it be possible to add a hashtag twitter feed soon?