Got a question about this topic?
Transferring Existing Wikis to WikiaEdit
I am looking for any articles that detail how to transfer existing wikis to Wikia. This is the closest page I have found, perhaps if there is an existing page about transferring stuff, we can link to it from here? Trimester 15:00, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
- I recommend contacting us via Special:Contact. We should be able to give you specific instructions based on your situation that way. Kirkburn (talk) 15:28, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
Wiki on the end??? Edit
It would be nice f you could put a dropdown menu onto bit where it says Wiki, because some names i've found recently have been rubbish. An example is Koopapedia Wiki. It should be called Koopapedia, but because of your recent update, it has to be _____ Wiki, and it isn't that good idea, because some people midht want it to be called something else. I was thinking of a dropdown box in it's place, where there are 3 options. Wiki, pedia, and an option that is blank for users who don't want to type either of those things on.
- That's a nice idea! The best way to recommended that is by sending it to the Wikia Staff using the Contact form. Good luck! Mark (Talk) • (Contribs) 15:02, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
Hello Staff, please update this page, so old.
Next Button Edit
im trying to create a new wiki
it keeps saying "Oops! You need to fill in both the boxes to above to keep going"
I already have both of them filled?
Am I doing something wrong?
- Hi, Can write up more details (name of wiki you are trying to create, yoru browser info) and provide a screenshot and send it to Special:Contact? That will help us in investigating. Thanks! Sarah (help forum | blog) 16:34, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
I found a misspelling Edit
I found a misspelling... It's at the very end, in the "otherwize they won't see the wiki as their own wiki." part. Otherwise is misspelled otherwize. Though I can't edit this myself, just thought I'd point this out for staff members.
Starting page problem Edit
When I click the next button on the first page nothing happens, at all. The page just sits there and shows no indication of loading a new page. Anyone know what's going on?
Slatehn, Servant of Darkness 19:14, September 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi there. Please send us a message at Special:Contact. Include the name and URL you want for your wikia, and we will be able to create it for you, with your account set as the founder. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 19:46, September 18, 2013 (UTC)
I tried creating a wiki. I typed in the name, the address and then clicked next, but it doesn't allow me to move on. Here are the things I tried doing that didn't work:
- Clicked the compatability mode near to the address bar (I'm using Windows).
- Tried another name and address.
- Reloaded the page.
I also tried using FireFox as an alternative browser but i only got the same results. A few months back "Create a Wiki" was working just fine but now it's not complying. Please help me with this predicament, it would be most appreciated.
P.S. Should I send a name and address to special:contact?
- I've been having this problem too. I've tried multiple times, on Windows and on an iMac, to no avail. Once I fill in both boxes, pressing the next button does absolutely nothing. I really want to start this wiki but I can't. Help?