Would someone please check the style changes made by 18.104.22.168? Will any of them cause errors? --CocoaZen 16:38, 20 May 2005 (UTC)
About ``For convenience in typing the URL and to avoid complications, the name should only contain letters and numbers..
I believe typing ``wikicities is the most complicated part :P --Lucio
Transferring Existing Wikis to WikiaEdit
I am looking for any articles that detail how to transfer existing wikis to Wikia. This is the closest page I have found, perhaps if there is an existing page about transferring stuff, we can link to it from here? Trimester 15:00, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
- I recommend contacting us via Special:Contact. We should be able to give you specific instructions based on your situation that way. Kirkburn (talk) 15:28, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
Wiki on the end??? Edit
It would be nice if you could put a dropdown menu onto bit where it says Wiki, because some names i've found recently have been rubbish. An example is Koopapedia Wiki. It should be called Koopapedia, but because of your recent update, it has to be _____ Wiki, and it isn't that good idea, because some people midht want it to be called something else. I was thinking of a dropdown box in it's place, where there are 3 options. Wiki, pedia, and an option that is blank for users who don't want to type either of those things on.
- That's a nice idea! The best way to recommended that is by sending it to the Wikia Staff using the Contact form. Good luck! Mark (Talk) • (Contribs) 15:02, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
Hello Staff, please update this page, so old.
Next Button Edit
im trying to create a new wiki
it keeps saying "Oops! You need to fill in both the boxes to above to keep going"
I already have both of them filled?
Am I doing something wrong?
- Hi, Can write up more details (name of wiki you are trying to create, yoru browser info) and provide a screenshot and send it to Special:Contact? That will help us in investigating. Thanks! Sarah (help forum | blog) 16:34, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
I found a misspelling Edit
I found a misspelling... It's at the very end, in the "otherwize they won't see the wiki as their own wiki." part. Otherwise is misspelled otherwize. Though I can't edit this myself, just thought I'd point this out for staff members.
Starting page problem Edit
When I click the next button on the first page nothing happens, at all. The page just sits there and shows no indication of loading a new page. Anyone know what's going on?
Slatehn, Servant of Darkness 19:14, September 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi there. Please send us a message at Special:Contact. Include the name and URL you want for your wikia, and we will be able to create it for you, with your account set as the founder. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 19:46, September 18, 2013 (UTC)
I tried creating a wiki. I typed in the name, the address and then clicked next, but it doesn't allow me to move on. Here are the things I tried doing that didn't work:
- Clicked the compatability mode near to the address bar (I'm using Windows).
- Tried another name and address.
- Reloaded the page.
I also tried using FireFox as an alternative browser but i only got the same results. A few months back "Create a Wiki" was working just fine but now it's not complying. Please help me with this predicament, it would be most appreciated.
P.S. Should I send a name and address to special:contact?
- I've been having this problem too. I've tried multiple times, on Windows and on an iMac, to no avail. Once I fill in both boxes, pressing the next button does absolutely nothing. I really want to start this wiki but I can't. Help?
Hello. I am a user who just joined here cause I needed help on another wiki. If you disagree, just ignore. Thanks.
But wait, there is more. Why I came here is that I found something that transported me here, and it was cool. Why is it cool? Because it was a outstanding it was like a teleporter to the future! Thanks again. Peace
What two boxes is it even talking about?
How do you create a account
22.214.171.124 15:07, March 6, 2015 (UTC)NyanToaster
The last point under "Before You Start" appears to have been deleted, as it leads to a blank page. I'm assuming the new page is http://www.wikia.com/Wiki_Creation_Policy, but I don't know how Central wants out-of-Wiki links on Help pages, so I thought I'd just bring it up on the talk page. Abce2|Talk Contributions 23:04, July 9, 2017 (UTC)
List all communities I've created Edit
Is it possible to find a list of all Wikia communities I've created? XtinaS 19:26, February 22, 2018 (UTC)