Community Central
Community Central

request for tabber

I wrote some days ago, cause I thought Tabber would enchance the look of the site, I represent.
Pleeeze, pleeze, I'm very desperate. We have exhausted all our other opportunities and the lack of readers has begun to be very significant.

We request the extension because, we have a lot of pages with only one headline, but lot of stuff which needs to be ordered.

Frode, Spademanns Leksikon

{{SUBST:User:Frode_Fenis/ass2|{{SUBST:#time: j. F Y H:i|2 hours}}}} 13:57, May 16, 2010 (UTC)

Hiya! Please use Special:Contact and request it there. It should soon be enabled. Mark (talk) 15:12, May 16, 2010 (UTC)

Where is tabber.css? I entered that term in the search box and came up with nothing. Talanquel 18:30, December 17, 2010 (UTC)

I can't find it either. Geniusguy445 (talk) 01:13, August 16, 2011 (UTC)

Default Tab

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but is there a way to specify that the default tab be something other than the first tab? For example, is there a way we could keep the current tab order seen on this test article and have the "Turaga Metru" tab be the default? --Åusår (Talk) 20:20, February 24, 2011 (UTC)

As far as I can find, no, the first tab is the "default". TabView does have this ability, but has some different problems/features then Tabber. If you do find a solution, please let us know. --Uberfuzzy 20:32, February 24, 2011 (UTC)

Error

Not sure if this is the right place to put it, but

<activityfeed size=1 exclude="User blog comments">
</activityfeed>

doesn't seem to work (it shows up blog comments)

Anybody else have this problem?

UltrasonicNXT 15:04, April 29, 2011 (UTC)

The Look

I recently applied the tabber function to character infoboxes on my wiki, so we can have the characters in multiple costumes and states. However the tabber function's sort of dark grey/purple text colour scheme clashes horribly with the infobox theme. Is there a way I can customise the look for it? I noticed the MSPA Wiki has a simple grey thing going on with the tabber. Was that because they changed it while the theme was still monobook?

ChainsawMurderer53 14:50, May 27, 2011 (UTC)

This is a really late response, but to change the look of tabber you have to edit the Wikia.css page, which only an admin can do. This is what the MSPA wiki's css looks like. --Pigbuster 21:31, August 14, 2011 (UTC)

Templates and Tabbers

On Templates, how do you make it so that you could name the tab on specific articles. I've tried the {{{tab1}}} (three brackets on each side) but when I type tab1=Warped, nothing happened. the text stayed as {{{tab1}}}. I also want to make the tabber fit the infobox. SeanWheeler 21:53, September 24, 2011 (UTC)

The problem is on Enemy Wiki on the infobox template. I used it in Cortex's page but the Warped and CTR infoboxes arn't in the tabber. Could someone help me? SeanWheeler 22:08, September 24, 2011 (UTC)
Problem solved for now, just so people who read this. I pretty much solved the problem. I don't need any help. —This unsigned comment is by SeanWheeler (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

What is the use of alt tag?

I noticed that the html code has an alt tag in link element like next:

<li class="">
<a href="javascript:void(null);" title="
TAB NAME">
TAB NAME</a></li>

I really don't know why there's a title place. If I don't make mistakes, the alt tag is preferably used for displaying tooltip with a text diffrent from the link name. But with <tabber> I don't have any alt parameter to fill. (if yes I'm sorry, but Help:Tabber tells me anything about it) This 'alt tag' does just show us the exactly same text as the link name. Wouldn't it be better to remove it? -- Cafeinlove, 00:34, April 27, 2012 (UTC)

Google Chrome Issues!

I'm having intermittent issues with tabber when I'm using Chrome. Sometimes it won't load at all other times it won't put the content into tabs an other times it will load perfectly fine. Is anyone having the same issue? Dak47922 Talk 18:55, June 23, 2012 (UTC)

Can't make a template parameters?

I can't seem to use the {{{placeholder text}}} as the tab titles on templates, so when I use the template I can change the tab title?

Adding styles

Adding css information gives me this, is there any way to do it?

<tabber>First Tab Title=First tab sample text. |style="background: white; padding: 0px;"|Second Tab Title=Second tab content goes here. |-|Third Tab Title=Third tab content goes here. </tabber>

--39px-Hm_fortress_maximus-1-.gif Fort Max says 30px-AutobotInsigniaVector.svg.png 'til All Are One and 30px-UN_Spacy_Logo.svg.png Deculture! (Talk) 16:21, December 3, 2013 (UTC)

Force tabs into different rows

I've been implementing tabs in infoboxes on the Metal Gear wiki and have encountered an issue with spacing. On some pages the tabs don't properly fit into one row and either one or two will be forced onto a second row, or one may be split between the rows. I'm looking for a way to dictate which tabs sit on which row so I can have two rows of tabs with an equal number on each row. Thanks--Soul reaper (talk) 03:56, December 31, 2013 (UTC)