Community Central
Community Central

Forum Activity[]

- Hi all,

I have troubles with using this tag and with the namespaces. I'd like to display only the new posts from the Forum.

I know about the <wikiaforum /> tag but it can't be customized.

Here is my code where I've excluded all the namespaces except "forum" :

hideimages=true hidevideos=true hidecategories=true hidenewpagesexclude="main,talk,user,user_talk,wiki_battlefield,wiki_battlefield_talk,file,file_talk,mediawiki,mediawiki_talk,template,template_talk,help,help_talk,category,category_talk,forum_talk,usergroup,usergroup_talk,portal,portal_talk,user_blog,user_blog_comment,blog,blog_talk,relatedvideo,messagewall,thread,messagewallgreeting

I still have categories feed (existing pages which have another more category).

Do I have to set the namespaces in French as it's a French wiki ? Do I have a mistake with the English namespaces ? --Spliffy33 17:39, February 24, 2014 (UTC)

I don't believe this is going to work the way you are expecting. Forum posts are in the Thread namespace (Thread:640201) and there is no easy way to distinguish between those posts and Message Wall threads. What is it you are wanting to customize with <wikiaforum /> that you can't? Rappy 17:58, February 24, 2014 (UTC)
OMG ! Fast answer , and no notification except on my mailbox !
Indeed, Rappy, it doesn't work. With <wikiaforum />, I'd like to remove the title "Forum activity", the frame border and the background (or maybe set it with my own color).(See picture) --Spliffy33 10:44, February 26, 2014 (UTC)
Something like: this? Rappy 06:28, February 28, 2014 (UTC)

Only New Pages[]

It is possible to make sure that only the new pages are displayed? Ie hiding the edit and the edit categorizations? LiquiÐ (talk) 22:38, August 15, 2016 (UTC)

Only the parameters listed on the help page are currently available. However, https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Special_page#Transclusion may do what you're looking for? Kirkburn  talk  contr    17:02, August 17, 2016 (UTC)
Yes I am aware of that function, but the module I was thinking is too tight for that, the command shortlist of the Activity feed it would be very useful :/
Anyway, thank you very much for the info LiquiÐ (talk) 00:36, August 20, 2016 (UTC)

Hiding Minor Edits?[]

Is there a way to hide minor edits from showing up on this feed? KyuKyu (talk) 07:03, January 3, 2017 (UTC)

Unfortunately not - all available options are listed on the help page. Kirkburn  talk  contr    15:53, January 3, 2017 (UTC)

Activity Feed frozen?[]

The activity feed on the front page of my wiki isn't updating regardless of refreshing the page. It stays locked on listing the same edits and doesn't show any new ones. Not even the time-since-edit changes. The only way I can get the activity feed to update is to edit the front page (just opening edit and hitting publish is enough). Any thoughts/help? - Luigi13 (talk) 15:42, March 18, 2017 (UTC)

Try clearing your cache if that doesnt it might be a bug, Report it to Staff @ Special:Contact/bug . Minato826(Talk to ANOOP)(Contributions) 16:13, March 18, 2017 (UTC)
Clearing the cache didn't make a difference and other users tell me they see the same, un-updated activity feed, so I sent off a bug report. Cheers bud. --Luigi13 (talk) 20:16, March 19, 2017 (UTC)