Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Got a question about this topic?
Flipping/Inverting an Image Edit
How would one flip, or invert, a picture in-wikia without having to upload a new version of the picture flipped? As this is redundant, I want to simply use code to alter the picture's display, as if to use the same image twice only have them facing one another? Thanks! Bonziiznobtalk 12:26, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, I do not think MediaWiki includes that ability, so you will still have to do it manually. Kirkburn (talk) 15:26, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
Fit to Screen Edit
Basically if you visit http://www.userdirectory.co.uk, if you have widescreen that this OK you view the photo and articles clearly, but if you have normal screen then image can not be viewed fully, you have to drag to the right to see it. How do I Fit an Image to the Screen Size. Xxxsacheinxxx 19:42, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- MediaWiki, as far as I know, does not have the ability to dynamically resize images, so you will have to design articles around different resolutions. Kirkburn (talk) 21:14, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
Is there a change that requires us now to have a page called Help:File?
I've just copied a Mediawiki file to Genealogy. Its name starts with "File:", though I didn't ask for that. When I tried to link to it in the normal manner with anything that's not a category or an image ("See [[File:...]]"), the image displayed. Needs a colon in front.
And on one Wikia recently I noticed that there is a namespace called "File" and none called "Image".
- The image namespace changed to File, to more accurately represent what it does. Kirkburn (talk) 14:46, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
Random image Edit
It might be good to add a section about thr random image feature, like on the Jurassic park wiki. there are some questions i have about it. How to exclude some images? i.e. the signature button picture. When uploading, If you put somthing in the summary category, it shows up in the caption area as == Summary ==, and every image has to be edited to remove the summary title.-- My Name Is Tom (Talk / Edits) 03:17, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
- In all honesty, totally random image features aren't a good idea, as there's many non-content images on a wiki. Better is to select individual images to feature - it looks much better, and you have much better control. Kirkburn (talk) 15:02, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Gallery background color? Edit
Is there anyway to change the background color in a gallery? I'm not using a white background for my wiki like most pages and would like the gallerys to blend in with the background. Thanks in advance. DX927 23:52, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- We're going to be making some tweaks to the design of galleries soon, so I will endeavour to come back with a simple answer once that's done. For now, I'd recommend looking around the CSS of the various customized monaco skins - Help:Examples of customized Monaco skins. Kirkburn (talk) 15:00, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Main Page portalsEdit
On Stargate wiki, we have 3 portals at the top of the page. I was wondering if it is possible to have the portal images cycle through (each time the page loads) so the same 3 images aren't always showing.—Anubis 10545 03:46, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
Incorrect page titleEdit
The article claims that admins can edit their wiki's logo by editing [[File:Wiki.png]], but - at least on my wiki - the logo resides under [[File:Wiki-wordmark.png]]. Pecoes 12:56, February 5, 2012 (UTC)