FANDOM

Removed threads can be found here.

A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • Hey, thanks for the help with the blocking situation. I calmed down and used the advice given from the thread to contact the admin and looks like everything is going to be alright, I won't need to start another thread. However thanks for telling me how!

Loading editor
  • You attenting to Necro-posting, but sometime your one is counted as Necro-posting...

I thought what if forum has auto-lock to prevent Necro-post...

Loading editor
    • Could you give an example where I am not responding to someone else's necro post?

Yes, having an auto lock would help; in fact, there is a script for it in the FANDOM Open Source Library (I think). However, necro posting is not inherently bad. What is bad is necro posting for no significant reason; like commenting "I agree!".

Sometimes, necro posting occurs simply because new users don't know any better. The most common form I have seen is that they have a question that is only somewhat related to the original topic and just post at the end thinking that a thread is for an entire topic rather than a specific issue. Another common reason is that they have the same issue but don't realize that the cause and/or solution may have changed if the original post was made a while ago.

There are some good reasons for necro posting. For example, if you know the same bug is happening again or if there is critical new information that should be shared with future readers. When I say critical, I don't mean something like "I cleared my cookies and it works."; I mean something like "This extension has been disabled due to security concerns.". Although, the latter case is rarely done as most users have better things to do with their time than comb through thousands of old threads just to provide updates; especially when it is very likely no one is even reading the thread.

Because there can be legitimate reasons for necro posting, I don't think threads should be auto locked be default. Of course, as with anything, if a particular wiki is having a significant problem with a lot of unnecessary necro posting, then sure, they could consider doing it.

Loading editor
    • Could you give an example where I am not responding to someone else's necro post?

IDK

FANDOM Open Source Library (I think)

You mean FANDOM Dev Wiki?

Loading editor
    • Yes, but I could be misremembering. I know they have one for old blog posts. At the very least, I imagine that could be relatively easily adapted to Forum threads and/or article comments if needed.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hello, I've seen you help me last time and now I need help, I'm trying to make a template like this but more is on this thread.

Could you help to fix that template

Thanks for your time

"The Phenomenal" Team69Roll(talk) 19:06, November 1, 2018 (UTC)

Loading editor
  • Good news, the infobox design has been finalised, the mixed border outer gradient is present as well! For what it’s worth, please accept my sincere thanks for all your help in creating the mixed colour main page headings and the CSS for the rest of the site in our commendable thread. You may always admire your very impressive handiwork on the Ten Count wiki! The even better news is I’ve found the perfect site to use the second CSS design developed, namely the initial curved border appearance, so that's even more promising developments, thanks again!

Loading editor
    • View all 5 replies
    • I was certain thumbs up could be given but I can’t see it, consider your comment liked!

Loading editor
    • Thanks. Much appreciates. Kudos are for Forum threads only.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • I try to ask permission to make a new account but the answer is still no!

With I hasn't been global blocked and I could of reply to that one message early.

Did you had a discord account, fanfanfion, or wattpad account?

My discord account is yuma20 and digimon50.

My fanfiction is lar7 and Reptardino.

My wattpad account is 777ral and theflashpower.

Do you had a email address?

Loading editor
    Noreplyz
    Noreplyz closed this thread because:
    Please contact Staff via Special:Contact
    11:49, September 27, 2018
  • I'm not sure if previous messages were sent but disregard previous sent messages sorry for the trouble have a nice day

Loading editor
  • Hi, I've managed to change the main page borders for Ten Count so now is the multi coloured border style able to be added to them? Using the CSS page could the same be done for the infoboxes ?

Loading editor
  • Episode guide problem

I get squares instead of arrows on the episode guide now. Did i do something wrong or is there a code missing in the template? I can't figure it out.

Regards

Loading editor
  •   Loading editor
  • Hi,

I've seen that you've been busy also, I tested the thing like you said and it stayed as the same?

Could you try to make it like in the link I showed you, the miraculous ladybug wiki?

Thanks for your time

"The Phenomenal" Team69Roll(talk) 19:52, June 26, 2018 (UTC)

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message