FANDOM

A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • In honor of Incredibles 2 I thought it be fun if we had ourselves an art contest on the Disney Wiki, where users get to draw up a superhero of their own creation. I've already spoken with SilverFlight about it and I'm currently making preparations.

The contest will last for two weeks until the premiere of Incredibles 2. In the first week, users must come up with a piece of artwork to enter. In the second week, their work will be put into a vote by the community to see who's artwork is the best. The one with the most votes will be declared the winner on the premiere of Incredibles 2 along with two runner ups in second and third.

Take a look: [1]

Loading editor
  • SilverFlight and To Bluetopia are impossible. I designed a whole new theme to make for all the complaints and rejections I made against SilverFlight and I still got sued for it despite everyone else's. She gets upset because she believes I ruined a project she worked hard on and Bluetopia sues me for not thinking over her. I get it was wrong for not getting SilverFlight's okay first but you and the other Admins are entitled to the theme designs as well as much as she is. As a result she took down all the work I put together. I may have cooperation issues but I can work it out in the end.

Loading editor
    • View all 13 replies
    • Hm... With this coloring, the main page's poll needs a major overhaul.

Loading editor
    • Forget it I'm fisnished with upgrading the layout now.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • As you know we have a Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter account for Disney Wiki, two of which I attend too. Byzantinefire has retired from using these accounts and left them in my care. For a while I've done well by myself, but now I feel like I need to pass the job onto others. Should you choose to accept we can meet up on live chat or Discord when we're both available and share with you the usernames and passwords for the accounts.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • A while back I spoke of my concerns about the galleries on Disney Wiki and suggested that we erase them all. However, after some reasonable belief that certain users won’t support it, I’ve come up with another suggestion. We place specific limits to the amount of images permitted to the Wiki. For a while I’ve had a dozen users asking me how many images they can put up, and all I’ve said in return only a few but no specific amount.

For the restriction to work, each section will have a different specific number to determine how many images will be permitted. This should help reduce the need to create external galleries, and keep users from uploading too many. As for the galleries that are already over the limits we shall need to erase a few. With character galleries for example, screenshots will be reduced to images specifically focused on the characters. Nothing focused on character groups, backgrounds, and so on. With Promotional images we shall remove posters and key art that look the same, but with slight alterations.

Promotional Images

Screencaps

Here below is an example of how the limits will work. Note: I’m still figuring out the limits and have the other galleries to see to before I consider making this official.

Movie Galleries

• Promotional Images: 50
    • Concept Art: 50
    • Screenshots: 100
    • Merchandise: 50

Character Galleries

• Promotional Images: 50
    • Concept Art: 50
    • Films and Television: 50
    • Video Games: 20
    • Printed Media: 20
    • Theme Parks: 20
    • Merchandise: 50

Episode Galleries

• Promotional Images: 30
    • Concept Art: 30
    • Screenshots: 30

We’re all going to need to have a good think about this because we cannot continue the way we are. I think that limiting the galleries would be better than what I originally considered. As I've said before we are running a Wiki and not a gallery site. Our top priority is information.

Loading editor
    • Sounds well thought out and reasonable. I support wholeheartedly, and I agree this is the best way to restrict the galleries.

Loading editor
    • I've written up new policy for galleries. I feel I still have much to work on before I announce it and publish it onto the actual policy page. If there is anything you would consider to change or add, please feel free to say.

Have a look: [1]

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Might as well discuss the matter here, and it's about Lola987. For a while I've been considering to nominate her for Administrator on the Disney Wiki. For two years, aside from a few bumps, her services to the Wiki have been good. She is organized, a planner, cooperative, a learner, and whenever she makes mistakes she makes up for them. She is also creative in coming up with new ideas to improve the system, like categorizing episode title card.

I believe she deserves this nomination. But before I decide to make any further arrangements or announce this to Lola987 herself I wish to hear the opinions from our higher authorities. I've already spoken with SilverFlight and To Bluetopia on what I'm recommending and they are both okay with it. Now I need to hear from you.

Loading editor
  • The matter is about JeremyCreek. Recently he changed the number order of the Star vs. Evil seaoson two episode pages from season to series. I gave him my reasons that changing episodes to series than by season is faulty organizing, especially when production and broadcast explicitly states season. Yet I am concerned that he might out of stubbornness try to restore what I have undone and give me comparisons over how other wikis do it. Then I will have to go through so much frustration to get him to see how invalid his points are.

A while back we talked about his position as Administrator, and SilverFlight and myself have had a talk. While he has a fairness of doing a good job, he has proven time and time again to be stubborn and selfish when it comes to others trying to improve things. Admins and users try their hardest to organize because they receive help from someone who does think about the greater good of the wiki, and that's what being an admin is about.

With all that said, SilverFlight and myself have put in a vote to have him demoted from bureaucrat which would be consider the best course of action. No user should have that kind of power alongside that kind of behaviour. But he'll still remain as an Administrator.

What is your decision? We can talk more about it on live chat if you want to and when you're available.

Loading editor
    • If you both decided to go with that option, then majority rules.

Loading editor
    • Then its settled.

Loading editor
    • I recieved word from the Staff, and I'm afraid they won't remove rights from bureaucrats unless it's clear that there is a community consensus to do so, or they have been inactive for more than a year.

They suggest we hold a public discussion on our community (open to all community members) asking if JeremyCreek should be demoted. This needs to be on a community page, not on chat or another website; and in discussion form, not as a poll. That way, they can see who voted and what they voted for.

We need to keep this discussion open for at least one week, or until all active community members have had an opportunity to voice their opinion. If the result is that the community has decided the bureaucrat should be removed, they can remove the rights. Thye also gave me a blog post on further advice on how to get a bureaucrat demoted: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Mira_Laime/How_to_Deal_With_a_Bad_Bureaucrat

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hi Hey. I've been thinking lately, but what would you say if the Disney Wiki started applying a citation guideline? There's been a lot of references added in the past few days, so maybe it would be nice to have a system on organizing the references as a bibliography. What do you think?

Loading editor
    • View all 8 replies
    • Sounds great to me. Now, would you like to go ahead and start implementing them manually, or would you prefer we wait to see if we can get a template?

Loading editor
    • To set an example, I'd like to start manually. The closest thing I could find to a citation template was the one we had, apparently. (Link and Web link)

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Why did you delete my edit to the Flynn Rider cameo section? What I wrote was true and contributed directly to that subject.

Loading editor
See archived talk page
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message