Staff
6,163 Edits since joining this wiki
October 13, 2008
  • I live in Florida
  • I was born on April 1
  • My occupation is Wikia Community Support
  • I am male
  Loading editor
  • Hello, Rappy, how are you? I'm a Bureaucrat of PT-BR Fairy Tail Wiki [1] and, since you seem to understand a lot about MediaWikis and alikes, I'd like to ask you for help. We use the Template:Switch, which allows us to switch between images from Article's Characters Infoboxes, like this one: [2]. However, there's been a while that they don't work anymore, and since the Template remains the same, I'm assuming it's a matter with MediaWiki. Do you know how to fix this? Thx for your atention! :D

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • Hey Rappy!

I just wanted to come back to the topic which occurred this weekend with the rights mapping on the MCPE Wiki. Thanks to TyA, we got it sorted out, but I'm curious as to what happened with it. Was this just a glitch in the config files, or the wrong file was edited? Or perhaps it was intentional, but not necessary? I don't want to put anybody in the wrong—it would be a very easy error for any of those possibilities.

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • Mater is NOT A FICTIONAL CHARACTER! He's a real person on wheels!!!!!

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • The edit you made here effectively nuked this item. Sure, it's pointless, but I figured I'd give you a heads up.

Loading editor
    • if (wgPageName === "User:Bearjedi/Magic_Rank_Cube")

Hardly a need to break the entire site

Loading editor
    • RansomTime wrote:
      if (wgPageName === "User:Bearjedi/Magic_Rank_Cube")
      Hardly a need to break the entire site
      Does that only allow the page in question to use said module? If so, I could use that, provided I can figure out how to allow multiple pages to whitelist this.
        Loading editor
    • Even better would be

if ($(#experiment).length) { code here }
        Loading editor
    • if (wgPageName === "User:Bearjedi/Magic_Rank_Cube") { 
          some code;
      }

will mean that the code enclosed in the curly brackets is only executed in that code, so yes.

If you wanted more than one page to use it.

if (wgPageName === "User:Bearjedi/Magic_Rank_Cube" || wgPageName === "SomeOtherPage") { 
          some code;
      }

You can add as many ||s as you want, || means OR and will test to see if any of the conditions are true (i.e. any of the pages match the pages you want).

I can't guarantee this will be accepted by code review, but I feel that it has a shot.

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • how do you create Catergories and how do you create catergorie pages?

Loading editor
  • May I have help with something please?

Loading editor
  • Hi, I saw your message on my common.js page, I made. How do I add the preloaded templates like aion wiki has? 

Thanks.

Loading editor
  • We meet again.

So I noticed that you altered the MUGEN Database's Common.js to change a few bits and pieces around. OK, I can live without the .swf compatibility, but there's a few bits I'd like to discuss with you.

Firstly, you reinstated the UserTags script and all its related stuff. Why? I removed it because of the whole ProfileTags thing that was implemented, so what was the point in adding it all back in?

Secondly, LockBoard.js. How is it a violation of Wikia's ToU again? All it does is prevent specific user groups from posting new threads in specific forums (namely our Administrative Messages and News forums). I could've sworn I got it from the Dev Wiki.

Thirdly, MPC.js/YoutubePlayer. The only difference between the revision on the MUGEN Database and the one on the Dev Wiki is the lack of a loop function. How does this break Wikia's ToU again?

Lastly, the snowstorm. By default, it runs on my userpage, though whenever December comes along, I switch it so that it only runs on the main page, not the rest of the wiki; the script can sometimes be quite resource-heavy, which would make editing quite painful for some, especially because the script still runs in the editor. I have no idea why you felt the need to change that.

I'd appreciate a response this time.

Loading editor
  • Could you go and respond to the reply of the email I sent 2 days ago. None of your staff have done it and I would like some screenshots of the evidence of the jarring color scheme through the contact reply? I have her statement about it in the other reply, but I need those so that I know which jarring style elements to fix. Everything else seems ok though. I'm having you help me get it re-enabled by doing what needs to be resolved. Also mark the element on the screen capture with the circle and arrow so that I don't get confused on the required css changes.

Loading editor
    • Crazy Muzzarino wrote:
      Could you go and respond to the reply of the email I sent 2 days ago. None of your staff have done it and I would like some screenshots of the evidence of the jarring color scheme? I have her statement about it in the other reply, but I need those so that I know which jarring style elements to fix. Everything else seems ok though. I'm having you help me get it re-enabled by doing what needs to be resolved. Also mark them with the circle and arrow so that I don't get confused on the required css changes.

Sannse is in chat currently, could try asking...

Loading editor
    • I'll try that.

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • I would really appreciate a response to this, if you haven't already seen it.

Loading editor
    • Sorry, things got busy over the holiday's. I've replied elsewhere on the site since then and will continue to reply there. (Replying here so I know it was addressed)

Loading editor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki